Pitbull Odors

I have a 5 month old Pit Bull and her feet smell like corn chips. I tried putting powder on them, but that didn't work. She also has a fishy smell, the fish smell comes and goes before she has to go to the bathroom and after.

Katrina from Albany, NY

My beagle's feet also smell like corn chips! The fishy smell may indicate your pup's anal sacs need to be expressed. Some dogs scoot their bottoms on the floor when the sacs are full but my dog doesn't. She just bites at her back by her tail as if a flea is biting there and licks constantly. I take her to the vet to have them expressed. Some folks do it themselves. The liquid in the sacs really do have a strong fish smell. Nasty.

A dog's feet is one of the places her scent glands are located. Therefore, if they smell like corn chips, it's because she's eating corn! You might want to change her food to something else.

As for the fishy smell, yup, it's anal glands. Apparently, you can help this by giving your dog more fiber, but I haven't had any luck with it.

Many dogs have a "corn chip" smell on their feet - there is nothing you can do to get rid of the smell. It is just the way it is from their feet having direct contact with EVERYTHING.

I agree with all of the comments regarding expressing the anal sacs. I HIGHLY recommend taking your dog to the vet or groomer to get expressed. We did it ourselves at home one time and it resulted in human vomit! The smell is the most awful smell on earth.

That is very strange. Maybe it's something you're feeding the dog.

Dogs sweat from their feet... I've always thought dog feet smelled like fresh popcorn :) When you wash your dog's feet, be sure to rinse them well as any soap left behind will irritate the delicate skin and footpads and will increase the sweating and smell.

OMG! It is so weird that I read this just 2 days ago. My boyfriend and I noticed our 6 month old pit bull puppy's feet smelled like fritos!

That fishy smell is her anal glands..if the older is very frequent the vet may need to teach you how to manually express them..as some dogs glands can become impacted. But normally just the act of having a bowl movement is supposed to do the necessary work.

Pit Bull
Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Pit BullJune 12, 2006
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
House Training a Pitbull
House Training a Pitbull
Black and white Pitbull puppy.
Training a Pitbull to Not Bite
🎄