Mothball Smell on Photo Albums

How do I get the odor of moth balls out of old photo albums?

Ingrid from Blind Bay, BC

I am not sure this smell will fade at all. Thats a pretty strong smell. but.. I had books that I was sure I couldnt get the odor of ciggeretts

out of. But I hung them over the clothes line and every day till it was gone. Maby you can try that. It took several days. Anything is worth a try. Good luck!

Wrap the photo albums in four or five layers of fresh news paper and them put them in a large plastic garbage bag. Fill the rest of the room in bag up with scrunched up news paper and then close the bag tight with a tie wrap. Leave the bag closed for a week and then take your photo albums out. The paper will have absorbed the smell. You may have to repeat this more than once if the smell is very strong.

If they are not heirloom albums, purchase new albums & put the photos in those, toss the stinky ones. That mothball smell is actually a nerve toxin, poison, recent research proves. If they albums themselves have sentimental value, good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 16, 2007
Photos Glued in Photo album
Removing Glued on Photos
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Uses for Photo Albums
Alternative Uses for Photo Albums
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 2:42:52 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 982 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.