Removing Glued on Photos

Category Scrapbooking
Photos Glued in Photo album
Sometimes in older photo albums the pictures might have been glued down. It can be very difficult to remove them without damaging the photo. This is a guide about removing glued on photos.

How would I get pictures out of an old photo book? They are glued down.

Charlena

Best Answer

I used a product called Un-Du.You can purchase it at Lowes or Wal-Mart. Also the same thing only under a different name is a product called Scrapper's Solutuion found in the scrapbooking section of any craft store and also at Wal-Mart. This product works wonders and does not harm photos at all. It even says on the bottle of Scrappers Solution for the removal of photos. If you cant find these products in the craft section, I have seen the Un-Du in the house paint section at Wal-Mart. Hope this helps. Janette

Best Answer

It's hard to find un-du in stores. I found it online at un-du.net. The new name is un-du Sticker, Tape & Label Remover. Replaces un-du Adhesive Remover, un-du Scrapper's Solution and un-du PhotoCare products. Same product, new name.

In the days before scrap booking I used Elmer's School paste on the corners of photos in an album. You don't need to remind me, I already know it was not the smartest thing I ever did. I now need to copy some of the photos. If I could get them apart I could copy and print them using my home scanner. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Please rack your brain for ideas. Thanks.

BJ

Update: The advice that worked best for me was to use fine dental floss and work it back and forth between photo and the page.

Thanks for the suggestion

Answers:

Removing Glued on Photos

Try the freezer. I know this works when you want to open a glued down envelope. Try it first on a picture you wouldn't mind losing, just in case it doesn't work. But I thought this might be one option. Good luck!
Monique (01/08/2009)

By Monique63

Removing Glued on Photos

There is a product called UN-DO or could be spelled UN-DU. I found mine at Micheal's years ago. It took stickers off and also stated it would not harm pictures if anything was stuck on them. Works great but last time I went to get some they no longer carried it, but maybe you could ask where you can get some. I'm in Phoenix but I first saw it on a local show here that did crafts. A lady who went by the name of "Terry O" raved about it and that's what made me go buy some. It was wonderful! Good luck. (01/14/2009)

By rainy21

Removing Glued on Photos

I presume they are in the photo book. Can you just tear around the photos, as long as you are going to scan them anyway? I did this and it was fine. On some old magnetic books of deceased M-I-L, I used the hair dryer to help dissolve the wax, which made it magnetic. With age, it gets bad. So I trimmed around some that did not come out nice.

One thing in scanning, make sure your DPI is approximately 300-600. I scan all mine at 600 for the best printing afterward. (01/14/2009)

By T&T Grandma

Removing Glued on Photos

I too, was going to suggest "UN-DU". It is the most amazing stuff you could have around for anything. I use it on photos and it doesn't hurt them in any way, shape or form. Walmart usually carries it as well, but even try hardware stores, Home Depot or Menard's. My bottle even says "A Scrappers Tool". Try scrap booking stores! Here is a website that is even listed on the back of my bottle, www.un-du.com Great Stuff!

Elaine (01/15/2009)

By myantoo