My Mom and Her Garden

This is a picture of my 86 year old mother who lives by herself, she has a big two story house and a large yard that she takes care of herself. She has a neighbor who mows the yard for her and she does all the rest by herself. As you can see by the size of the flowers she does a great job. She fell this Jan. and broke her right shoulder, hip and pelvis, she had 4 pins put in her hip and had therapy for a month, she is back home and working in her yard again, she just never gives up, I am so proud of her and love her so much. She also does all her house cleaning and it is spotless!

86 Year Old Mom in Garden

Phyllis P.

Beautiful garden! and what a pretty lady! I sure hope I can do as well as she is when I'm her age. Thanks for the picture and letting us know that we don't have to be "old" at 86!

God has really blessed both you and your mother! She is as pretty as her flowers.

God Bless You Both!

Toehead

What a wonderful picture, and tribute to your Mother. My Mother died at age 97, and I miss her still even after 3 years. I am always glad to see someone else who enjoys and takes pride in their Mother. I'll bet your Mother is proud of you too!

Too funny! She looks just like my 81 year old mom!! I showed my husband your picture and he thought it was my mom (Nanny). :) I know you must love her like I love my sweet mom.

God Bless all those sweet 80 year old moms!!

Hi Phyllis,

God Bless your mother...She feeds her soul, and

it certainly shows, both in her face and in her garden.

I'm so happy for you that you still have her and I

know you cherish every day with her.

We should all be so lucky.

Wising you and her both the very best,

Julia in Orlando, FL

What kind of flowers are they.?

Beautiful Irises and a very beautiful lady.

God bless her! Her cannas are the largest I have ever see! She sure feeds them well. My mother is an avid gardener too at 82 and still going strong. It keeps their minds active and strong.

Bless her heart! As someone said in an earlier post, she feeds her soul with her flower gardening and it shows. My mother is 89 and doesn't have near the motivation. She sleeps most of the time. I sure wish she took an interest in something.

What an inspiration your mom is! Her garden is lovely. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Living proof that there is a wonderful God! What a blessed woman!! YOU GO GIRL!!

To Jim, the flowers are canna's. To Peggy, I wish I could see a picture of your Mom. To everyone else, thank you for all the kind words, I know how lucky I am to have such a great Mom, we still go shopping and have lunch, she truely is my best friend.. Again thanks, Phyllis

Thanks Phillis for letting all of us enjoy your mother as you do! Appreaciate & love her always!

May God bless you and your Mother. Jackie C. (Fla)

Your photo and tribute has made my day.She looks so much my Mother whom I lost 3 years ago at 82.Trust me, you'll never in your lifetime find anyone who loves you like your Mom.The secret to a happy life is keeping them interested in the things they love to,and visiting them often.It gets lonely for elderly people, and Mom loved to see us come for a visit.God bless you both.She's a sweet little lady.

Your mom looks likes she in great shape & spirits and very active ; just needs to slow down a little but remain active,which in return will make her all round heathty

I really enjoyed seeing your Mom and her garden. Treasure her always. I only wish that my Mom had lived longer. We lost her when she was only 45 yrs. old in 1977. I'm sure she is tending her garden in heaven until we meet again.

Your mom is as pretty as her flowers. Amazing gift she has. My mom is 75 and just recently got interested in computer playing games. I never thought I would see that day. She asked if I thought she was silly I said not at all. Seeing your mom makes me want to go see my mom and hug her. Thank you, moms are wonderful people.

Wow on your Mom & all she does & on her garden!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Photos GardenOctober 1, 2005
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog
Two child's hand print ornaments.
Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
A daughter hugging her mother on her birthday.
Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mom
🎄