Decorated Coffee Can Containers for Gifts

contest winner icon

I save large tin coffee cans to use as containers I give my baked treats away with. This is the Christmas theme I used. I am not camera savvy, sorry.

I used ribbon in different sizes and types wrapping the cans and ending with large bows in the back. (before I did this step I cut a small matching piece to glue along the seam of the can to better hide the seam).

I cut slits in lids and ran curling ribbon through, tied bells to that before I curled the ribbon as a finishing touch and placed a bow over that. Most cans I used 2 colors or designs of ribbon. One can I covered in wrapping paper then used ribbon. The possibilities for decorating ideas for these are endless and you're recycling.

Tip: Go to a few different stores after each main holiday to catch the sales and you will get a great assortment of ribbon and decorations at a huge discount to use for the next holiday. For most of mine I paid between 75 to 90% off the original prices.

By Freedom059 from OH

wow! really nice! I like this a lot.

If you buy Folger's Coffee it comes in Green and Red Plastic Cans. That would save you painting the can and ready with Christmas colours. I love your idea anyway.

Great idea & love the fancy ribbons!

Uses for Metal Coffee Cans
Uses for Metal Coffee Cans
Crafts Recycled Crafts ContainersFebruary 7, 2007
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Coffee Can as Pencil Holder
Recycled Coffee Can Crafts
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden