Will Mineral Powder Cover Blemishes?

I have dreadful skin and need full coverage foundation. Does anyone know if mineral powder would give me good coverage and cover acne scars and pigmentation marks? Thanks.

Laura from England

Mary Kay creme to powder foundation is great for covering blemishes and scars. Mary Kay also has a great mineral powder foundation, the powder foundation looks great but does'nt cover scars completely.

I also have severe problems with my skin & have found only partial coverage with powered mineral foundations. The very best foundation that will TOTALLY cover any & all blemishes is "Infallible" it's made by L'oreal & is a liquid foundation. You can put on a little for a little bit of coverage or in you can use more where you need it or all over. (But do NOT buy their brand of mineral power because it contains Talc which causes blemishes). Several hints about buying it. It looks lighter when it's first applied & also looks lighter in the bottle. but after it dries it turns several shades darker. Buy it at a drugstore ($14) like Wallgreens or Right Aid where you can return it if it's the wrong color. Also, look to L'oreal's "True Match" colors for the right shade they come in Cool, Warm & Neutral & match up the Infallible to one of these colors, this will help you choose the right color for your skin tone. One more hint, use lots of moisturizer under the Infallible because it can look a bit dry on your face. Write me here on ThriftyFun & let me know how you like it. If you STILL want to buy a mineral make up, I have tried them all & can also help you in that, but I recommend Infallible if you really want coverage.

thanks a lot for replying im going to go and have a look at both of these,laura

I have good luck with the mineral powders & also the SheerCover Mineral Concealer. The concealer is applied with a brush but it is thicker then the powder, kind of like a cream. After applying it, I use the powder over the whole face. I think the mineral stuff is good for anyone with blemishes, as it doesn't clog pores.Make sure you buy the 100% mineral products.

A tip for acne; I still get it. Get a bottle of maalox or similar product

and it is liquid and chalky. Wash face wel. Then apply this and let it dry and rinse off. It really does help clear blemishes and things. Try it. Sounds weird, but it works.

I've had luck with dermablend for covering up blemishes. As for the mineral stuff, it doesn't really cover well for me, but I love it because it leaves a nice fresh glow. Surprisingly, it stays on all day too. Good luck.

I agree with Cyinda. My daughter started to use a Mineral makeup I think it was Elf and she broke out bigtime and it din't even cover the few blemishes she had. She also uses Loreal's Truematch and loves it.

i have been using mineral makeup by loreal. i have pimple from rosacea along with the red skin. i get the best compliments now that i never did of course with no makeup. i even get the word stunning and lovely.

sorry but my loreal makeup is mineral and powder. i recommend it to everyone.

The best way to hide blemishes is to use a concealer(any good brand) before using your foundation and other make up. Try using id bare minerals products. They work great for me.

I have had bad skin for years. I was told by my dermatologist that a lot of people are sensitive/allergic to nuts and do not know it. I completely took all nuts out of my diet (not easy) and have had minimal break outs since. If only I had known this in high school. I am in my 30's! If I eat anything with nuts in it, I have cyst type bumps within hours on my face, neck, chest and back. It takes weeks for the bumps to fade after they erupt. Gross. Mineral powders can actually be quite aggravating. Be very careful after you clear up to not irritate your face with certain makeups/soap. My favorite soap is Cetphil for oily skin. It is not expensive at all. I use Purpose lotion with SPF 15 every day. I also had to get a prescription for Clindamycin Phosphate Gel. This routine has finally worked.

girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up TipsSeptember 10, 2008
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Keeping Water Fountains Free of Mineral Deposits
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
Uses for Talcum Powder
Uses for Talcum Powder
🎉
🎄