White Christmas Tree Has Turned Yellow

The branches of my white Christmas tree turned yellow. How can I get rid of this?

cll from Dallas, Texas

Maybe instead of worrying about making it white again. Turn it into something entirely different. Have a Cream-colored tree instead!

I am imagining that it isn't really a true " yellow," but is that soft cream color that white items often have after a while. You might start a new fad!

There are a lot of ornaments in new colors. The colors might really POP against that cream color. But, if you are determined to have a white tree....maybe you should take the tree outside, and use some spray paint on it. That should return the white color. Stick a branch, or group of branches into a cardboard box. You can spray both sides.

But read the label FIRST to see if it can be used on the tree branches. Maybe spray a bit on the portion that your tree topper usually covers, so it will be inconspicuous if it ain't too pretty! And make sure that the paint you choose, can be used outdoors when the temperature is below 72 degrees. : )

I had the same problem, and I had stored it properly. I tried power washing it, but ended up trashing it. If it had yellowed uniformly I would have considered using it, but of course it didn't.

Remember the silver trees with the revolving colored lights from the sixties? Buy a color revolving light. Then your tree can be red, green, yellow or blue when set on still. Or go retro and let it revolve all four colors. No one will ever know its true color! Happy Holidays!

Mine has done the same and I am spray painting it right now with Rustoleum paint for plastic furniture.

My tree did this also. Just curious; did you have your tree in front of a window because I am wondering if it's from being in the sun or something. I would like to know what causes this. I plan to replace mine but don;t want this happening again!

Much to my dismay I took my white christmas tree from it's box in a dark basement, only to find it horribly discolored yellow in different spots. I called the store and they are willing to give me store credit (no receipt). I'm not going through the hassle of cleaning it up.

It turned yellow because it turned old. I had a super Nintendo (an old video game console from 1990's) and it turned yellow too. That purple thing on it, when you move it up and down, you can see the white under it. Now the reason this happen was because it wasn't properly stored.

Cleaning an Artificial Christmas Tree, Decorated artificial tree.
Cleaning an Artificial Christmas Tree
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 17, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree