Using Up Face Powder

To be able to use up solid face powder when just a little is left in the compact and it's too expensive to throw out, do the following outdoors or where you won't mind a little powder blowing about when you open the blender.

Scrape all of the powder out of the compact, put in a small blender and pulverize. Put in a dish and use as loose face powder.

I did this with powders of various shades stirred to blend together with a spoon and now I have been able to use them all. No streaks show up.

I dip my loose powder style brush into the powder, tap the stick on the side of the container so that the loose powder falls back into the pot and then swirl it on my face. Re-dip, tap and swirl as needed to finish the job.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I just use a teaspoon to break the powder into a small container, then use the back of the spoon to crush it into powder. I can put the lid on the container to carry it in my make-up bag. I routinely add part of compact of oil absorbing powder to my face powder and a green base powder to tone down my rosecea.

I do this with blush too. You can mix colors to make custom blends. Add face powder if the blush was too dark for you, or a darker blush or bronzer if it was too light. It's a great way to use up all those blushes that weren't the right shade to start with.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips PowderOctober 31, 2005
Making Garlic Powder
Making Garlic Powder
Measuring spoon with homemade baking powder.
Homemade Baking Powder Recipes
Chili Powder In Measuring Spoon
Homemade Chili Powder
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎄