Rose Grown from Cutting Not Blooming

I took advice from a person to cut a long stem off a rose bush and plant into the ground to make a new bush. She said her sister does this all the time and gets new roses. Well I did this and the plant is growing well, but so far no blooms on it. It has been 2 summers ago. Any ideas?

By Connie M. from Adrian, PA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Don't give up on them. I planted several stems from my Lagerfeld rose and it took 3 years for them to get enough root base to bloom. This is the third year and they are blooming like crazy!

Rose Bush
Rose Bush Never Blooms
Home and Garden Gardening RosesMay 8, 2011
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:52:30 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.