Coconut Recipes

I have a partial bag of frozen coconut left over from Christmas baking. What can I do with it? I don't want to bake anything with it.

By Betty

Just a few ideas from the top of my head: 1) Use some to sprinkle over a vanilla ice cream dessert with chocolate or caramel syrup. 2) Use some to make coconut shrimp, you can find good "coconut shrimp" recipes on almost any large recipe site on the web. 3) Sprinkle some over individual slices of toast with butter and honey for a snack or an alternative breakfast idea. 4) Mix a cup or so with a cup or so each of nuts, oats, carob chips and raisins. Keep the mix in freezer and scoop out individual trail mix type snacks as you want them. 5) Eat a 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw, just as a sweet snack! Hope this gives you a few jumping off points beyond the basic baking uses! Enjoy!

Cut up fresh fruit and sprinkle the coconut on top. You could also stir it in yogurt.

There are good recipes if you Google for them to make homemade coconut milk which you can use in many recipes. Plus, coconut milk can be frozen in portions to use for later.

If you don't think you'll use it, take it to the office and put it on the "free to a good home" space (I'm sure you have one or something like that).

Coconut
Recipes Using Frozen Coconut
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJanuary 30, 2011
Toasted coconut made in the microwave.
Toasting Coconut
Coconut Macaroons
Coconut Macaroons Recipes
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Coconut Cookies
Coconut Cookie Recipes
🎄