Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making Laminate Floors Shine

I have laminate wood flooring and it always looks dull. I use Bruce cleaner. What will make it shine?

By Suan from Blue Springs, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Anonymous [848]01/18/2011

Laminate floors by nature simply are not shiny. You need to contact your (and/or other) laminate flooring manufacturers to answer this question because if you use anything other than what they recommend not only could your warranty be null and void but you risk ruining the floors.

Here are questions related to Making Laminate Floors Shine.

Question: Making Laminate Wood Flooring Shine Again

I have the same problem trying to make our laminate flooring glossy again as the person on the previous page. Is there any remedy other than tearing it up and putting down something else? I hate laminate. Never again shall I have it.

By Mary

Question: Restoring Shine to Dull Laminate Floor

How can I get my dull laminate floor to shine like it did when new?

By Marsha

Most Recent Answer

By Joan02/10/2012

I find that mopping with vinegar and water or steam cleaning works very well, but the floor must be thoroughly dried or it will be streaky. I tie a towel to my dust mop and dry each section as I clean it. Seems like a lot of work, but it's worth it and I only have to do it about three or four times a year.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I bring back the shine to my laminate floors?

By Sylvia from Dauphin Island, AL

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

If cleaning with equal parts of vinegar and warm water doesn't do the trick, nothing is going to. That would be a proof positive sign of permanent wear and tear. (06/18/2009)

By Deeli

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

Clean thoroughly and I mean so that you can eat off of them. Next, apply floor acrylic according to bottle directions. Enjoy your shiny floor and keep it clean and shiny by sweeping and mopping regularly, then reapply acrylic as often as bottle directs. (06/27/2009)

By Carly34

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

Warning against using floor wax: If you do a Google search you will see horror stories about people who used floor wax/acrylic on their laminate floors and how much work it is to remove it. Laminate floors are not supposed to be waxed. (06/28/2009)

By Deeli

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

I have laminate flooring throughout my home. I am looking for a way to restore the luster to these floors, as well as clean them. Any suggestions?

By Theresa from Lake Mary, FL

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

I use Mop and Glo. If your floor is very dull, use two coats. My floors are more than 10 years old and shine just as brightly as when they were new. (01/05/2010)

By Tedebear

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

There is only one product that I have found that actually make your old laminate shine like new. Its called Pro Shot Industrial Re-newing Floor Restorer and Finish. I first saw it on QVC or some show like that and bought it a few years ago. Now you can just Google it and find it. It's amazing! If it wasn't for this stuff I would have torn up my old laminate tiles long ago, but now my floor looks like new. You have to re-apply it every few months. Just sponge mop it on. Trust me. There's nothing else like it. (01/05/2010)

By kimmcg

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

I have a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I spray with the bottle in sections, mop with a very damp mop. Not only does it clean them safely, but it gives them a shine. Yes, you will smell vinegar, but only for maybe 10 minutes (at the most). (01/06/2010)

By LinDuh

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

I have "wood look" laminate flooring. I can't get the scratches out and it doesn't look shiny. I need to know how to get it to have its original glossy appearance, like when it was new. I have only had it for five months and it looks awful. Please help.

By Margie from San Diego, CA

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

I used to sell flooring. The first thing to do is to call the manufacturer. If you don't remember who made it call the store where you purchased it. If you cleaned it with anything other than their approved products or plain water it will not be under warranty and it's probably ruined. If you followed all their recommendations it will probably be under warranty and can be replaced. Good luck. (06/10/2010)

By yoder178

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How can I get my laminate floors to shine?

By Suki from Parkland, FL

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

Don't use anything other than a vinegar and water solution or manufacturer recommended products to clean, and never use floor wax for shine! The best and most safe people to ask about 'more shine' is a laminate floor manufacturer. Not only can you ruin the floor by using certain products, but also void your warranty by not using their recommendations. (10/12/2010)

By Deeli

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

By Deeli

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

By Deeli

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

RE: Making Laminate Floors Shine

By Deeli

Archive: Making Laminate Floors Shine

How do I make my laminate floors shine?