Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Can I Sell Bamboo?

Can I sell my cut bamboo stalks? Who can I sell them to? How?

By gloriabree from Tulsa, OK

By Cyinda [214]08/25/2009

Yes, cut them all the same size or into 2 or 3 different lengths (at different costs) then put them into bundles of a dozen & take them around to florists, plant nurseries & hardware stores. Florist's use them in arraignments & gardeners do to. they use them to stake up plants etc. Your bets luck will be selling to "ma & pa" type nurseries & florists, not the big chain stores. You won't get much money because you are competing with Chinese imports, but you have an edge because are Local! (& maybe even better!)

* Better yet, get yourself a booth or share a booth-fee with someone else at your local Farmers Market! You may have to wait until next your to get a space (booth fees usually cost under $30 per day) but if you have to wait until next spring then that will give you time to stock up! You'd make more money if you could either make something out of them or selling the live shoots in water as starters so people can plant their own. I'm wondering if when they are young if you can "train" them to grow in a corkscrew shape (like lucky bamboo) because then you'd have a real eye-catcher!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Can I Sell Bamboo?

Does anyone know if bamboo would sell, I have a yard full of it that I cannot got rid of.