Watch For Seasonal Clearances For Gifts

With a family of 5 kids, there is always a birthday or a holiday around the corner. What we do is always pay attention to the seasons. Seasonally, the store put items such as toys and those kinds of items on sale. We always scope these items out. We have bought $20-30 toys for almost nothing. I am not just talking about toys that were hot last season. This is the time of year when most stores markdown new toys that just came out for the new holiday season. These stores mark them down because they think that they are not going to sell. Then the toys come off clearance when they start to sell again, you have already bought them.

By Jessica from Coventry, RI

I have always done this and bought a couple of extras for birthday parties as well. Target has a big clearance mid-January and I always bought my daughter, son and nieces their birthday presents for the year when they were little.

This is a great way to do this. My kids wondered last year how I was able to get so much stuff for them and my granddaughter! But, the reason the retailers put stuff like that on clearance is a lot of times, they need the space for new merchandise, or if it's something seasonal and they don't have the room to store it until the next year. Often you can get the seasonal stuff for as much as 90% off! And, because retail has to stay ahead of the seasons, often it's still time to be getting some use this season. I bought my son a snowboard for $3!

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingOctober 7, 2008
Wrist Watch
Cleaning a Wrist Watch
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch