Removing Bathtub Decals

We purchased a nice older condo in Florida. Reno won't happen for awhile. Until we can do the bathroom I'd like to get rid of those stick on non slip "flowers" in the bottom of the tub that the former owner placed. There is no way can I get them off. Anyone know how to remove them without marking the tub up?

By Darlene from Marco Island, FL

Several things come to mind; apply heat with a hair dryer and see if that loosens the adhesive. Another idea is to try scraping them off with a single edge razor blade. Or try saturating one with GooGone, then try to loosen the sticker with an old credit card.

Be warned: any of these may leave you with more of a mess than you started with. You just might be better off leaving the bathtub alone. It doesn't look that bad from your photo.

I agree with the previous poster, OliveOyl. You might be better off to just leave the decals where they are. I removed some circa 1970s decals from a tub, only to find that the adhesive on these decals left permanent marks that I have been unable to remove. In hindsight, the decals worked well to make the tub safer and not slippery, even though the design was not the most attractive. Good luck!

truerblue in PA

I always use WD40 to remove labels and it does not leave marks. Makes it all go away. Just spray as far under the decals as u can and work slowly with a razor blade once the decals are off spray the whole area with the WD40 and keep wiping it until all the sticky is off it really does work. I use it for labels on glass windows and jars.

I had them on my tub but after a few baths with bath oil they came loose enough for me to just pull them up.

If you decide to use some type of scraper, be sure to use a liquid with it to keep the scraper from scratching the tub. (Source CleanTeam) A cleaner like dish liquid is a good lubricant for this purpose.

Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomDecember 31, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Motorhome
Removing Decals From a Motorhome
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄