Removing Anti-slip Bathtub Decals

We moved into a condo and find we cannot clean off those sticky slip proof decals that were put on the bottom of the tub. They all have turned a dark grey and are stuck fast to the tub. Any ideas?

By msb

First remove the decal with a putty knife (something that can help pry up the decal). If it is really bad shape (crumbling or falling apart), soak with baking soda mixed with water. Make a paste, and leave it on over night. This should loosen it up. Once you have it up there will be outline of where it was. Goof off, goo be gone or WD40 will get it of and it should be fine. If this doesn't work, please get in touch. I am expert in thrifty cleaning. I'll do more research. Good luck!

Is it possible the treads were actually part of the older tub and are made in the tub? I can't get it to budge

thank you very much, I will try this

I am using goo gone to try to remove non-slip tub stickers. I saw a video indicating this is the strongest of the three you mention. The top (color) part of the stickers does come off with a plastic scraper (some crumbling - is very old), but after 15 min., goo gone is having no effect whatsoever on the very solid sticky stuff that originally held the sticker onto the tub.

HELP? (I am leaving the goo gone on the stickers overnight.)

Didn't like the look of ours after only a year with a new bath tub. We tried bleaching but that didn't really make it bright again. I've been buying those pretty clear bath mats that look like stone, very decorative and it covers it up and looks clean. I change them quite often but it's worth it to look clean and fresh.

I would try GooGone or Ungu adhesive remover products. I found GooGone at my local dollar store.

I just used a scraper followed by Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It was about 15 minutes of work. All done.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 29, 2011
🍂
🎄