How To Clean Steam Button On Iron

The steam button of my steam iron is rather sticky and does not come up when I press it unless I pull it up myself.

How do I clean it?

John from Athens, Greece

Maybe a little alcohol on a Q-tip?

What is"Q-tip"?

Editor's Note Q-Tip is a brand name for a cotton swab. A cardboard stick with cotton on the ends.

I dropped my iron on the carpet which consisted of man made materials and the iron immediately melted the carpeting to the bottom of my iron. I took a paper towel with a generous amount of everyday rubbing alcohol and wiped the bottom and it peeled right off. The rest of the cleaning needed a bit of elbow grease but it cleaned beautifully. My iron was still warm to the touch so do not know if that was a plus factor or not. Don't be skimpy with the alcohol.

Yellow and white clothing iron next to a pile of clothes.
Cleaning a Clothes Iron
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 17, 2007
Steam Iron
Removing Rust from Steam Iron
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 1:46:13 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.