Scenery: Lunar Eclipse (December 21,2010)

contest winner icon

This is a collage of five images of the December 21 lunar eclipse that I took from my backyard in Sarasota, Florida. My family members were all asleep during the eclipse, so I took these photos to share the experience with them of this event that will never take place again in our lifetimes.

By Joe

Great photo. You should submit a copy to National Geographic! I was so disappointed. We couldn't see it because of cloud cover. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

You might consider putting the pics on "The Weather Network".com The pictures are awesome!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

We had cloud cover here in the Pacific NW too, just saw a little bit. Thanks so much for sharing it. Next eclipse should be in 2019!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I stayed up to watch it as well. You saw it darken starting from the upper left, while I saw it darken from the lower left in northern British Columbia, Canada. Thank you for taking the time to record it.

Great pictures.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow! What kind of camera and camera equipment and photo editing program did you use to take and make such a beautiful and professional looking series of moon photos? Your photo looks so very similar to this professional AFP/Getty Images photo!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I stayed up to see it too, but in Ct, it became very cloudy... I only saw very little of the red phase. Thank you very much for posting these pics, they are lovely! I bet your large original photos are awesome!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a beautiful collage of the photos you took. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Awesome. GG Vi

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This is beautiful! I love taking photos like this, needless to say, it is not appear to our eyes for the snow storms took over instead.

Contact your local national weather service. They may use this, with your name attached, to add to their learning department. I do tornadoes, storm photos and my 15 min of fame come up often. The last biggie was an 8 foot wall at the State Fair NWS booth.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thanks so much for sharing these photographs Joe, magnificent. We had a lot of cloud covering that day in the UK, so this is the first time I've seen what we missed.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

A photo of the full moon.
Moon Photos
Photos SceneryDecember 29, 2010
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Celebrating Las Posadas (The Nativity)
Lunar Phases
Lunar Gardening
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Red Chinese lanterns.
Autumn Harvest Moon Festival Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 2:00:35 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.