Recipes Using Lemon Curd - Categories:

TartsDesserts

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I got a jar of homemade lemon curd as a gift. Does anyone have some suggestions for what to use it for.

By Rose from Malvern, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

The Following information was taken from a website:

Lemon curd is a rich, tart spread made with lemons. Other citrus fruits such as limes, oranges, and tangerines can be used to create curds as well, although lemon curd is an enduring favorite. This spread is particularly associated with Great Britain, where it has traditionally accompanied tea since the 18th century. It can be spread on scones, toast, and other foods, and it may also be used as a filling for desserts such as cookies, tarts, and pies.

I love it on a pound cake or an angel food cake.

My favorite way to eat lemon curd is on warm gingerbread.

Lemon meringue pie! Google it and you will find many recipes. It's delicious!

I just tried on French Toast the other day, it was awesome!

I use lemon curd on scones, biscuits, English muffins and homemade bread; you can mix it with whipped cream and use as a filling for sugar cookie sandwiches; it is good with gingerbread, poppyseed muffins. It is a versatile spread.

January 30, 2011 Flag

Can someone please tell me where to find recipes using Lemon Curd?

By keezy

from WI

Answers:

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Paula Deen has a great recipe of lemon curd filling what she calls tassie cups. Made with flour and cream cheese you pat the dough into a mini muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Let cool and add the lemon curd. The whole recipe is called lemon curd tasty cups, go to the food network site and then to Paula Deen and search for it. Yum! Great appetizer or dessert. (09/30/2009)

By av8rs3

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Try this link:

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx?WithTerm=andSearchIn=AllandWanted1=lemon+curd (09/30/2009)

By Maryeileen

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

You can mix it with whipped cream or Cool Whip and put it in the middle of a layer cake. Or even use it without the whipped cream. I love lemon curd. I have a lemon tree, and I also use lemon curd on top of cheesecake. It's great. (09/30/2009)

By Stngray

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I understand lemon curd and lemon pie filling are the same thing or very close. I take a box of angel food cake mix (the one step kind), add one can of lemon pie filling, bake in a 9 x 13 pan per directions of the cake box. Delicious! If you like lemon meringue pie, you will like this more. You can top with a whipped topping if desired. Last time I made this two of my adult sons ate over half of it in one afternoon. (09/30/2009)

By knitter926

September 29, 2009 Flag

I used half of a 10.5 oz jar of lemon curd in a recipe and now I'm looking for a recipe to use the other half of the jar.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd Whip Fruit Dip, Pie Filling Or Lemon Cake Icing

In a medium bowl, combine Cool Whip and Lemon Curd. Chill and serve as a dip for pretzels, fruit, angel food or pound cake bites, graham cracker sticks, etc. Use also as a frosting for lemon cake, or as a pie filling.

(10/01/2008)

By quickcooker

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

My great aunt use to make a fantastic cake using Lemon Curd. She made a lemon layer cake and frosted the entire cake with the curd. I always looked forward to our family reunions, because she made sure that I got a piece of this cake. I have made it and my family loves it. My great aunt always made her own homemade lemon curd. I have her recipe and make it often. (10/01/2008)

By Susie from Buckhead, GA

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

My hubby loves it between two layers of homemade shortbread. You make the shortbread, put a nice thick layer in your baking tin, put another layer on top and bake in oven till done. (10/02/2008)

By meggymolly

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Lemon curd makes a great filling with whipped cream for sponge or Victoria sandwich cakes.

Jan UK (10/02/2008)

By blackbess

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I found this recipe in a Pillsbury recipe booklet. You could likely use your own sugar cookie dough, omit coconut, etc., to suit your tastes.

Moonbeam Cookies

Makes: 3 dozen cookies

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in coconut. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  2. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon lemon curd into each indentation.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes.
  4. Microwave candy coating in small microwave-safe bowl on medium for 2 minutes. Stir well. Drizzle over cookies.
(10/02/2008)

By sigma28

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Take a good slice of French or Italian bread. Toast and butter it. Spread with lemon curd and then seedless raspberry jam. This is delicious. If you have any double sided heating appliance (Foreman Grill, waffle iron, panini maker, etc.) you can make a grilled dessert.

Butter the outsides of the bread. Spread one slice on the inside with lemon curd and raspberry jam. Place miniature marshmallows on the top of the jam. Put the other slice of bread on the top, butter side out (like a grilled cheese sandwich).
Heat until the marshmallows have melted. Be careful its hot. Enjoy. I do a lot of camping and you can make these in a pie iron. (10/02/2008)

By Jazzylazzy

August 3, 2009 Flag

In school, one of the desserts provided was Lemon Curd tart. I loved the lemon curd that they used but cannot find it anywhere.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts TartsJanuary 30, 2011
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Homemade lemon curd in a jar.
Lemon Curd Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:45:23 AM on 10.0.2.103 in 826 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.