Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I got a jar of homemade lemon curd as a gift. Does anyone have some suggestions for what to use it for.

By Rose from Malvern, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

The Following information was taken from a website:

Lemon curd is a rich, tart spread made with lemons. Other citrus fruits such as limes, oranges, and tangerines can be used to create curds as well, although lemon curd is an enduring favorite. This spread is particularly associated with Great Britain, where it has traditionally accompanied tea since the 18th century. It can be spread on scones, toast, and other foods, and it may also be used as a filling for desserts such as cookies, tarts, and pies.

I love it on a pound cake or an angel food cake.

My favorite way to eat lemon curd is on warm gingerbread.

Lemon meringue pie! Google it and you will find many recipes. It's delicious!

I just tried on French Toast the other day, it was awesome!

I use lemon curd on scones, biscuits, English muffins and homemade bread; you can mix it with whipped cream and use as a filling for sugar cookie sandwiches; it is good with gingerbread, poppyseed muffins. It is a versatile spread.

Answer

Can someone please tell me where to find recipes using Lemon Curd?

By keezy
from WI

Answers:

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Paula Deen has a great recipe of lemon curd filling what she calls tassie cups. Made with flour and cream cheese you pat the dough into a mini muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Let cool and add the lemon curd. The whole recipe is called lemon curd tasty cups, go to the food network site and then to Paula Deen and search for it. Yum! Great appetizer or dessert. (09/30/2009)

By av8rs3

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Try this link:

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx?WithTerm=andSearchIn=AllandWanted1=lemon+curd (09/30/2009)

By Maryeileen

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

You can mix it with whipped cream or Cool Whip and put it in the middle of a layer cake. Or even use it without the whipped cream. I love lemon curd. I have a lemon tree, and I also use lemon curd on top of cheesecake. It's great. (09/30/2009)

By Stngray

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I understand lemon curd and lemon pie filling are the same thing or very close. I take a box of angel food cake mix (the one step kind), add one can of lemon pie filling, bake in a 9 x 13 pan per directions of the cake box. Delicious! If you like lemon meringue pie, you will like this more. You can top with a whipped topping if desired. Last time I made this two of my adult sons ate over half of it in one afternoon. (09/30/2009)

By knitter926

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used half of a 10.5 oz jar of lemon curd in a recipe and now I'm looking for a recipe to use the other half of the jar.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd Whip Fruit Dip, Pie Filling Or Lemon Cake Icing

• 1 8 ounce tub thawed Cool Whip
  • 1 10 ounce jar Dickinson's Lemon Curd

In a medium bowl, combine Cool Whip and Lemon Curd. Chill and serve as a dip for pretzels, fruit, angel food or pound cake bites, graham cracker sticks, etc. Use also as a frosting for lemon cake, or as a pie filling.

(10/01/2008)

By quickcooker

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

My great aunt use to make a fantastic cake using Lemon Curd. She made a lemon layer cake and frosted the entire cake with the curd. I always looked forward to our family reunions, because she made sure that I got a piece of this cake. I have made it and my family loves it. My great aunt always made her own homemade lemon curd. I have her recipe and make it often. (10/01/2008)

By Susie from Buckhead, GA

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

My hubby loves it between two layers of homemade shortbread. You make the shortbread, put a nice thick layer in your baking tin, put another layer on top and bake in oven till done. (10/02/2008)

By meggymolly

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Lemon curd makes a great filling with whipped cream for sponge or Victoria sandwich cakes.

Jan UK (10/02/2008)

By blackbess

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

I found this recipe in a Pillsbury recipe booklet. You could likely use your own sugar cookie dough, omit coconut, etc., to suit your tastes.

Moonbeam Cookies

Makes: 3 dozen cookies

• 1 (18-oz.) roll Pillsbury's Refrigerated Sugar Cookies
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1/2 cup lemon curd (from 10-oz. jar)
  • 2 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, chopped, or 1/3 cup white vanilla chips
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in coconut. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  2. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon lemon curd into each indentation.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes.
  4. Microwave candy coating in small microwave-safe bowl on medium for 2 minutes. Stir well. Drizzle over cookies.
(10/02/2008)

By sigma28

Recipes Using Lemon Curd

Take a good slice of French or Italian bread. Toast and butter it. Spread with lemon curd and then seedless raspberry jam. This is delicious. If you have any double sided heating appliance (Foreman Grill, waffle iron, panini maker, etc.) you can make a grilled dessert.

Butter the outsides of the bread. Spread one slice on the inside with lemon curd and raspberry jam. Place miniature marshmallows on the top of the jam. Put the other slice of bread on the top, butter side out (like a grilled cheese sandwich).
Heat until the marshmallows have melted. Be careful its hot. Enjoy. I do a lot of camping and you can make these in a pie iron. (10/02/2008)

By Jazzylazzy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In school, one of the desserts provided was Lemon Curd tart. I loved the lemon curd that they used but cannot find it anywhere. Mass produced Mr. Kipling lemon tarts just don't do it for me, it is not the same. Anyone know what I am referring to and where I could purchase it.

Mary from Surrey, England

Answers:

Lemon Curd Tart

Might have to do with the flavor of the lemons. Since it was a school lunch, it probably came in a package and all they had to do was stir in some water for preparation. I suggest you contact the school's kitchen (if it still exists) and ask. Keep in mind that the producer of this item may have closed or changed the recipe.

This might have had MSG (mono sodium glutamate) as a flavor enhancer, so that might be what you are missing when you re-create it. (12/18/2006)

Lemon Curd Tart

Check any store that sells British or Irish food. I know there are companies/stores online just do a general search for either a British/Irish food store or lemon curd. Also some supermarkets sell British stuff in their international food section, Stop and Shop by me sells Briitish stuff (12/18/2006)

By Cindy

Lemon Curd Tart

You can actually purchase lemon curd in a jar. It's usually in the section where the pie fillings are or in the international section. My mother-in-law used to make a wonderful dessert using this lemon curd. Wish she was still with us so she could show me how to make it. Good luck! (12/18/2006)

By Angie

Lemon Curd Tart

I have these in my "must try" file. I have not used them yet, but I hope one of them is what you are looking for.

Lemon Curd

A British teatime favorite. This sweet, yet tart, velvety spread is heavenly on freshly baked scones, muffins, and tea breads.

• 3 to 4 Tbsp. lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. butter
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter and stir until it has melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Beat eggs into cooled lemon mixture until well blended. Return to heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats spoon. Remove from heat. Store in refrigerator.

While lemon curd is typically made with butter, this is a "lighter" version I like. Serve lemon curd with scones, muffins, toast, fresh berries, or use as a tangy filling in a prebaked tart shell.

• 8 egg yolks, at room temperature
  • 1 cup Granulated sugar
  • 1 cup Fresh lemon juice (approximately 4 large lemons)
  • Grated zest of 2 lemons

In a stainless steel bowl or in the top of a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together. Add the zest and whisk in the lemon juice. Set over a pot of simmering water and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens, approximately 10 minutes.

Remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a glass or ceramic container. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.

Makes approximately four 4 oz. servings.

This is just delicious! I make lots of it for my Christmas baskets and for my craft show. Everyone loves it. It is great on toast or toasted English muffins, on gingerbread or, if you can't find anything to put it on, just eat it straight out of the jar!

Enjoy hugs, Peg

LEMON CURD

• 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 3 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (NO SUBSTITUTE)
  • 4 eggs
Mix lemon juice, grated peel, and sugar in a 2-qt. microwave-safe casserole. Add butter, cover with waxed paper and microwave on HIGH for 4-1/2 minutes--whisk--microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH--whisk. Beat eggs until frothy and blend in about 1/2 cup of hot lemon mixture. Stir back into casserole and whisk well. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on MEDIUM for 2 minutes--whisk. Microwave on MEDIUM for another 2 minutes. whisk. Microwave on MEDIUM-LOW for 1 minute-- whisk again--microwave for 1 more minute on MEDIUM-LOW--whisk- the mixture should be as thick as mayonnaise (if not, continue cooking on MEDIUM-LOW until it is). When lemon curd is done, whisk well and ladel into hot, sterilized half-pint jars. Cover and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.

MAKES 4 HALF-PINTS.

Merry Christmas
(12/18/2006)

By Eva

Lemon Curd Tart

My English friends call it both Lemon Curd and Lemon Cheese. I live in Canada and have seen it in grocery stores with other jams and spreads. It`s quite easy to make for yourself. I do. I think I got my recipe from Recipezaar.com a couple of years ago. Hope this helps you. (12/18/2006)

By mairmie

Lemon Curd Tart

I make my own curd and this is the recipe from my own recipe book.

Lemon Curd

Beat 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks until frothy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until thick and pale. Mix in 1/2 cup strained lemon juice and the grated rind of 2 lemons. Cook in a heavy saucepan over a low heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat and beat in 125 g chilled unsalted butter with the wooden spoon. Place in sterilized jars and refrigerate

Variations: Instead of the lemon juice use unstrained granadilla pulp, strained lime juice or orange juice
(12/21/2006)

By Tandy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts TartsJanuary 30, 2011
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Homemade lemon curd in a jar.
Lemon Curd Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 10:53:10 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 840 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.