Back to School Organizer Made from Towels

Back to school and lots to do! Keep your mornings more organized and less hectic by laying out clothing and accessories the night before. A handly wall organizer is ideal. I make them out of hand and bath towels and there are several pockets to place everything. It is handy for placing socks, jewelry, undies, combs, brushes, etc for the next day.

These work well not only for the kids, but for Mom and Dad, too!

By Cheryl from Peebles, OH

What a great idea- you should sell them. I am going to make up a couple asap.

Awesome! Great idea. How exactly do you sew them. I'm a beginner on the machine. Love to know how you do it. Please post.

Jennifer CA

She IS tryng to sell them. But I think with some folding and sewing they wouldn't be too hard to figure out. For the grommets, you have to by a little gadget to put them in. Or use your imagination and make a casing on the to go on curtain rod, or clip on to a clothes hanger, etc.

Something that is readily available and you don't have to make is a shoe organizer. You know the kind that has all the pockets. They have something at the top so it can be hung inside a closet or on the back of a door. I got one for just a buck at the Dollar store. I installed it in my kitchen pantry for little gravy packets, small cans and jars, hot cocoa packets and such. It is very handy. I plan to put one up in my daughter's closet for not only shoes but accessories and just misc things we want to keep organized.

This idea is nice but if you don't know how to sew or just don't have the time or inclination to make this clever organizer, I think a vinyl shoe organizer would do the trick.

If you know how to sew you could buy the towels at thrift stores for a few bucks,make a bunch sell them to friends and family or at flea markets.