Fabric Grocery Bag
Here is a homemade reusable grocery bag with matching coupon holder.
Approximate Time: 2 Hours
- one yard material
- matching thread
- any decorations
- sewing machine
- Cut out body of grocery bag: 23x15 inches.
lining: 23x15 inches
strap: 15x4 inches
pocket (if desired) 5x5 inches square
- Lay out material and cut out body of bag. With contrasting material cut out lining and straps.
- Fold bag, right sides together, sew sides, at bottom of bag, sew corners, 1 inch, cut off access.
- Sew lining the same as the body of the bag.
- Fold the cut straps of contrasting material, in half, sew along one short end, and along side, turn right side out, press, sew other strap the same.
- Leaving body of bag wrong side out, insert into lining, making sure the seams are together.
- Insert straps, 5 inches from side of bag. Sew along top of bag, leaving 5 inch opening for turning.
- Turn bag, hand sew or machine sew the opening.
- The bag is now done.
For the coupon holder
- Using 1/2 yard of material, cut 23x20 inch piece of fabric, if desired, use contrasting material.
- Sew the front and back together, fold 1/4 way up the front of the piece.
- Sew each end, turn, sew up the middle of the pocket.
- You have 2 pockets for holding your coupons.
By Barbara from Spring Hill, FL
August 28, 20100 found this helpful
Now these are smart! Great idea.
I just love when folks use common-sense to come up with a great idea for most everyone to use.
Everyone needs to use reusable grocery bags and the coupons are smart anyway. Having them in front of you while you shop ensures us, we will pay more attention.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:05:25 AM on 10.0.0.146 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us