Can you plant bulbs in the fall? (Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus)

Good morning all! It's now early November. :o) Starting to cool off a lot here in New York as well. However is it still a good time for bulk planting? I've many flower bulbs I'd like to see bloom during around Easter. Also, will I have to worry about wildlife consuming all my planted bulbs at all? (Like groundhogs, squirrels, or any other critters?) Thank you much. Have a good day.

GroovyGirl

Actually most bulbs NEED to be planted in the fall so they can over-winter and grow properly in the spring.

My mother (southern NE) will cover her beds of bulbs (she has smaller beds) with chicken wire then straw. This is pulled back in the spring and the straw put on the mulch pile. There are many guides for planting bulbs, most things depend on where, when, type of bulb.

I love going to Barnes & Nobles and reading the garden books designed for my particular area. I also love going to my favorite local nurseries and picking the brains of the gardeners there. They are a fountain of wisdom applicable to your particular planting problems. My advice is only good for people, like myself, that live in the deep deep south of Texas and our clay problems, you probably live somewhere else.