Allergic Reaction to Facial Wipe Caused Skin Inflammation

I have had an allergic reaction to some sensitive skin facial wipes. I am in a lot of pain, my face is red, very sore, and very dry. Please help. I feel so down and miserable. I'm 42 years of age.

By Paula from United Kingdom

If you've made an appt. to see your doctor, in the meantime, you can use a triple antibiotic ointment or cream to help relieve the dryness or use Benadryl Cream.

I had a reaction to a moisturiser brand that I'd used for years and it was like I'd been sunburned. My eyes and lips were puffy and my skin turned blotchy red. Once I figured out what the problem was it still took a week for my face to go back to normal.

If you've had a really bad reaction you should visit your GP if you haven't already, they could prescribe something for you. In the meantime, don't use any harsh cleansing products, just water for washing your face. Use a mild moisturiser and try to avoid makeup or anything that might irritate your skin. Really hope you're feeling better soon!

Wash your face with col water and apply aloe to your skin . It sounds as though there was probably fragrance in the wipe that caused this.

How about corisone cream? Or take an oral antihistamine like Benadryl. I sympathize with you. I recently had to use a cream on my face to get rid of pre-cancerous sun damage spots and ended up with my whole face inflamed, scabbed and peeling. It took 3 weeks to go away and I had to hide in the house the whole time! But you know it will get better in time.

I had a similar reaction to so-called "hyperallergenic", perfume-free baby cleansing wipes; though from the sound of things, the reaction I had was not quite as severe as yours. In my case, I splashed my face with cold water for about 10 minutes and I didn't put anything else on my face until the burning, stinging and rash calmed down. Now the only wipes that I use on my face are the ones from the Simple range, here's a link: I hope you get well soon!

Woman Using Facial Wipe
Allergic Reaction to Facial Wipe
Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 2, 2011
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Hot Chocolate
Allergic Reaction from Hot Chocolate
A woman suffering from allergies.
Dealing With Allergies