Whitening Porcelain Sinks

I'm looking for some tips on how to whiten a porcelain sink.

By Lorrie from Tampa, FL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By kathleen williams 76 1,662 02/26/2010

Have you tried baking soda? Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

If you want your porcelain sink to be white again, just fill it with warm water and about 1 cup of bleach. Let it stay in there about 15 minutes and rinse. By Robin

RE: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

I keep my white porcelain sinks sparkling by using a product called Bar Keepers Friend. It looks like a can of comet, but it takes out every stain and keeps my sink looking like new! (04/26/2005)

By Pam

RE: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

BarKeepers Friend is the absolute No. 1 choice (compared to Comet). My white porcelain sink is the kitchens original sink and BarKeepers Friend is the 'only' product that really makes it WHITE again. (06/14/2005)

Archive: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

How do you whiten an old porcelain sink?

rabbit10mom from Creston, WA

RE: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

The Works sold at dollar stores it is strong. It can't be mixed with other chemicals. Just pull stopper up and put in your sink. It is the tub one, but any of them work. I use it for stains in coffee mugs and even on white clothes. It is better then bleach by far. (12/26/2007)

By KimmyLynn

RE: Whitening Porcelain Sinks

I second the idea of using Barkeepers Friend. It is also much safer to use than Comet. I even use it on my smooth top electric range. (12/27/2007)

By Elaine