Hair Curling Tip

This is a beauty tip for all you ladies out there. This morning I was having trouble with my hair, as we all do at times. I was using a curling iron but it just didn't seem to be holding the curl. Well, we were staying in a hotel room overnite and right by my plugin was a small dryer on the wall. I got a nifty idea.

I curled my hair up in the curling iron like you normally would and the took the little blow dryer in the other hand and turned it on high and went back and forth over the length of the curling iron barrel (keep in mind you have to already have curled your hair up in it.) I counted to about 20 and let it go and wahlaa. I have the most beautiful, full of body curl ever!

My mom commented on how amazing my hair looked and asked me what I did and I shared this tip with her. Try it! It's just as good as hot rollers!

By Laura from Ooltewah,TN

along with your idea is; when you have curled your hair with a curling iron, if you can, take the iron out of the curl, but keep the curl in place, then with the blow dryer, put the dryer on cold setting, then blow the hand held with COLD air, this also sets the curl in place; also, if you use rollers & a regular haid dryer, do not take the rollers out while the hair is warm, the hair will relax & you'll loose some of the curl.

Another trick is to lightly spray your hair with aerosol hairspray before using your hot curling iron. This makes the curl set, and makes the curls nice and firm. Let cool before brushing. We used this technique all the time in the salon.

I use to use either a curling iron or hot rollers on my hair... I stopped using them because the damage the heat was causing.

This may sound silly but what I have started to do in giving my "very" straight hair some body. I cut up an old stretch clothe in kind of long strips.

Tie and roll the somewhat damp hair up for about an hour or a little longer. This is what they did in the old days. My hair turns out not to curly...but cute! And it stays that way until the next day. I guess depends on how long you keep the curl rolled up.

I have naturally straight her and it would never curl. So I permed for dances and I love having options.

Hey Laura great tip btw I live in Chattanooga! Small world! Happy curling :))

As a hair stylist I wouldn't recommend this. That's way to much heat for your hair. Instead start curling at the scalp and wrap around as you work down the strand. This ensures even heat distribution. Let cool before finger combing then spray.

Hair Curling Tips
Hair Curling Tips
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips TipsFebruary 7, 2006
Curling Iron Holder Crafts
Curling Iron Holder Ideas
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink