Carnation Evaporated Milk Cake Recipe

The other recipe I am looking for is the cake recipe that used to be on cans of Carnation evaporated milk in the 1960's. It may have been called "Velvet" something. Someone please come to the rescue!

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

Is it tres leches cake? I don't have a recipe but that's what comes to mind when I think of cake with evaporated milk.

The only "Velvet" cake I can remember is the Red

Velvet Cake, but that's not likely made with Carnation Milk, is mostly red food coloring which is so-o-o- unhealthy for children, and perhaps adults? I'll keep looking for you. : )

Smith Island cake. Google the recipe. It uses evaporated milk and is apparently very good. The only other ones I found are for red velvet cake.... Good Luck

Smith Island Cake. Google the recipe. I think it may be the one you are looking for. Good Luck

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesMay 25, 2007
 Evaporated Milk
Substitutions for Milk in Recipes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft