Bluejean Bag

Take an old pair of bluejeans and lay them flat on a table, using some heavy scissors cut both legs off right at the crotch area.

Now turn jeans wrong side out and then take them to your sewing machine and sew across the legs closing the cut off area. When you turn it rightside out, you will see you have created a bag.

Using the cut off legs, cut enough material out to make two handles to sew onto the waistband. You can now decorate your jean bag with buttons, rhinestones or put a bandana through the waistband as if it were a belt.

Another idea is to cut off the back pockets leaving the bluejean fabric connected to the pocket. Now make two holes at the top of the pocket and string a shoestring through there to create a handy pocket to wear around their neck. Use for phone, pen and paper, whatever you need.

I have made these for years. I have one in the my Jeep & my husband's Pickup I made my straps to fix over the top of the seat, the head rest holds it in place. All my car extras are all together, I even have one for my Dog to keep all her travel bowls & leash, my doggie supply bag is always ready to go. I just love them and they are strong washable & very cheap to make. I even made a very large bag for the paperboy, he just loves the pockets to keep his water & snacks small note pad, pen, etc.

Jeans purse with ribbons and other decorations.
Making a Jeans Purse
Crafts Recycled Crafts PursesSeptember 2, 2008
cement bags
Opening a Bag With Stitched String Closure
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans