Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
underside of Black Widow Spider

Many spiders are helpful to have in your garden. However, black widow spiders can be dangerous to have around your home and garden. This is a guide about getting rid of black widow spiders.

Solutions: Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Spray Glue for Black Widow Spiders

I live in Southern California and get many black widow spiders around my home. Spray insecticide just doesn't work on these spiders, as they clean the spray off of them and are right back within the hour.

When I see a black widow, I use spray glue. Once sprayed with the spray glue, they are not going anywhere and I know for sure they are dead. Next day, I brush any glue residue away with a broom. My sister almost died from being bitten by a black widow and I do not want them around.

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders.

Question: Hindi/Indian Name for Hedge Apples

What is the the Indian name for hedge balls or Osage orange? I have been told they are effective in getting rid of spiders.

By N. S.

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi [391]01/23/2014

Spiders smell at the ends of their legs, so they hate eucalyptus, lemon and pine scents. Here is a good guide.

http://voices.yahoo.com/keep-spiders-out-home-these-tips-1941358.html

Question: Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

I am looking for an organic way to get rid of black widow spiders.

By Jackie

Most Recent Answer

By Macie4 [16]03/05/2012

I put fresh spearmint in my closets and under furniture to make sure I do not have spiders. I do not know if it will help with black widows but nothing lost if it does not.

I had an outdoor storage unit that was full of spider webs and spiders and when I put the spearmint in the unit was clean I also do not have anymore spiders in the house. No more spiders for me.

Is it dangerous to smash a female black widow spider in your home?

By Tia from Stockton, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac [18]05/05/2010

Black widows live in clusters because they just do not travel far. So if you see one you can be sure there are more around. You need professional help. Not just some person who comes to spray your home but a real professional company that knows how to get rid of them,

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

How do you get rid of black widow spiders? Is there a natural and/or affordable way to control them? We have pets and a three year old child to take into consideration while searching for a solution.

Shawn from Las Vegas, NV

RE: Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

I lived in Arizona, where dealing with black widows is an ongoing concern. There's really no avoiding getting a pro pest control service involved, because black widows' feet have pads that prevent them from absorbing just about anything you might spray. Exterminators have chemicals that are not only effective, but also safe around children and pets if you keep the little ones away from the area until the chemicals have dried.

Small children and pets can easily be killed by a black widow bite, so keeping the kids out of the sprayed area for a while is a small price to pay, to make sure your kids and fur kids are safe. I'm a strong advocate for living green, but in some cases, chemicals simply must be used. (03/08/2009)

By WildIrish

RE: Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders

Bayer now makes some excellent garden and yard products. I live near Carson City, Nevada, and have the same problem. I use Bayer Total Care, and spray the entire yard, including produce and flower gardens, and it lasts all spring and summer, unless we have a heavy rain. But that doesn't happen too often. It's worth a try. I get the concentrate and put it in my Miracle-Gro garden sprayer and spray everything. It's safe for children, pets, and wildlife once it dries. Otherwise you would have to go with the exterminator, which you would probably have to use 2 or 3 times a year. Good luck. (03/10/2009)

By patom