Getting Rid of Brown Recluse Spiders

Category Spiders
Brown Recluse Spider
Like the black widow, the brown recluse spider is probably not one that you want inside or right around the outside of your home. This is a guide about getting rid of brown recluse spiders.

I need something safe to dogs and humans but that will kill and get rid of brown recluse, brown widow and wolf spiders.

Carol from St. Petersburg, FL

Best Answer

I just saw on a program that said to get rid of spiders to put eucalyptus in all the door ways. They did not say what kind of spiders but said they hate the smell of it and leave. If is doesn't work all you will be left with is the spiders but a nice smelling house!

Best Answer

Mice glue boards around the base boards will help. Move all wood 10 feet from home. Reduce the amount of foliage around home. Dust all hole/cracks with with pesticide powder.

http://www.term  ntification.html get to know your foe.

Mow grass short and move mulch 6 inches from the foundation. If there are other insects around, the spiders will follow them. Both Brown Recluse and Wolf/Grass spiders are hunters, they go looking for food.

Plano,TX

Please help. We have the brown recluse spiders each fall, sometimes about 200. We have small children in our home. Is there anything besides sticky traps that we can use to make our home safe from these monsters? We constantly clean our home, but that doesn't help.

By Matt

Sounds like you need to get down on your knees & plug up any holes around your house or inside cabinets. Also never leave any doors open!

I googled "Brown Recluse Control" and it gave me tons of information. I am sure you will be able to get through the season.

I don't trust anything with no legs or more than four. It just isn't natural!

PBP

Brown recluse love cardboard and often hide in the spaces in corregated cardboard boxes, so it's next to impossible to find them. They also will find their way in through air vents, furnace ducts, attic pull downs, crawl spaces, etc. Unfortunately, it's near impossible to keep them from finding their way inside if you live in an area that has them. Telling someone to keep doors closed and plug holes might keep mice or stray dogs away, but unfortunately won't work on tiny spiders.

Lavender is a repellant for spiders and crickets. If you have a lavender plant or know someone who does put branches on any windowsills.

Also Max Raid has no odor and works for a long period of time to kill a lot of insects including spiders. Spray around all entry ways inside and out. Also spray the basement or crawl space thoroughly.

I live in Macon, Ga and in April I rescued an abandoned, year old cat. He is a nice addition to my family and he is awesome at killing, spiders, palmetto bugs, flies and any other bug around. I didn't know that cats did that but it makes sense because they are meat eaters. So from my experience, plus having a bug free home, I would suggest getting a cat.

Wipe down window casings and moldings with pure pinesol.