BugsPest Control

Small, Brown Bugs In Couch

Category Bugs

We have some small, brown bugs in our couch. They look like ticks. So far we have just seen them in the couch. Do you have any ideal what these are? When you pinch them some of the bigger ones bleed. Please help. Thanks.

Dave

Sounds like lice or ticks to me.

Ticks aren't soft enough to pinch and burst unless they have been feeding and are very swollen. Then they're usually still attached to whoever they're feeding on. As far as I know, lice are generally whitish but I've never had them so I'm not sure. Fleas are small and black/brownish. They appear to jump when you try to pinch them.

You can have fleas even if you don;t have pets as a visitor may have broght them in. If you think it's fleas; you have to fumigate TWICE so you catch the adults and eggs yet to hatch. Remember to vaccuum thoroughly and repeatedly after bug bombings.

If you're not sure what they are, I'd get rid of the couch or at least get it out of the house. Vacuum the area where the couch was repeatedly (I'd do the entire house) and watch for signs of any of the bugs. Make sure you dispose of the vacuum bags OUTSIDE ASAP so you don't end up spreading your infestation by mistake.

It's worth the effort to try to contain your infestation while you figure it out.

Try identifying the bugs specifically so you know if fumigation will be effective or not. Google bugs or infestation with your general location and see what pics come up that look close to what you have.

Spray the couch with whatever will kill your bugs and vacuum repeatedly over several before you think of moving it back inside if it isn;t something you want to get rid of. If you have a garage, you can easily fumigate (spread out the cushions, etc so it's as open as possible) just the couch if you're sure the infestation hasn't spread.

Good luck but move quick.

If they're flat, they could be bed-bugs.

http://www.medi  bugs/article.htm

Here is a site with pictures of bed bugs so you can identify them. Google on line to find out how to get rid of them.

Sounds like bedbugs and they are making a comeback in cruise ships and college dorms.

Check out this website, look at the picture on the right, this is what it sounds like you may have? It's called a carpet beetle, we have had them in the past. I started vacuuming more and that seemed to get rid of them.

Please help we have seen these couch bugs. Do not know the source of them, maybe you do.

Please Dave how did you get rid of them. What are they?

Are they smooth and quick? They also are always the same size and easy to kill. I have the same bugs if so.