Remembering to Blow Out Candles

This tip has to do with safety. I have done this tip for years. I like to burn candles occasionally, but I am fearful that I will forget about them burning and leave the house. Most always, if I am going to leave the house, I will take my car. So, at the time I light the candle, I place my car keys next to the candle. This way if I want my keys, I will find them sitting right next to candle, and that will in turn remind me to extinguish the candle.

Source: My own idea

By Shirley from Southwest Michigan

Absolutely brilliant! I was working with a gal who made a spur of the moment trip to Walmart at holiday time. She left in a hurry and forgot to extinguish a candle. Her cat knocked it over and the ensuing fire destroyed her living room and newly decorated Mary Engelbreit kitchen. This happened in just a few minutes time. Thanks for sharing. Be sure to tell everyone you see.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! I will pass along your tip to EVERYONE I know that loves candles. Who knows how many lives could be effected!

What a great idea! My husband is always lighting candles and then running out to do an errand. We have 2 cats and a dog who love to play and could easily knock the candle over. Their safety is my greatest concern, "things" can be replaced, our pets are precious members of the family. Your idea will give me a great deal of peace of mind. Thank you a thousand times over.

What a great idea. thanks for sharing.

This also works if you need to remember the candle before bed but put your toothbrush (or any other item you would use before going to bed) next to the candle.

A tip I read some time ago is to take a knife and bend the wick over into the melted wax - no smoking from candles

Burning Candle
Remembering to Put Out Candles
Better Living Safety HomeFebruary 11, 2008
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Inflating Balloon During Balloon Experiment
Blowing up a Balloon with Baking Soda and Vinegar
girl blow drying her hair
Hanging a Hair Dryer
A man looking at his smartphone calendar.
Remembering Appointments
🎄
🍂