Remembering to Put Out Candles

Category Home
Unattended candles are a serious hazard and are responsible for many house fires. This is a page about remembering to put out candles.

This tip has to do with safety. I have done this tip for years. I like to burn candles occasionally, but I am fearful that I will forget about them burning and leave the house. Most always, if I am going to leave the house, I will take my car. So, at the time I light the candle, I place my car keys next to the candle. This way if I want my keys, I will find them sitting right next to candle, and that will in turn remind me to extinguish the candle.

Source: My own idea

By Shirley from Southwest Michigan

I enjoy seeing my candles lit. It gives a warm cosy feeling on a cold winter's day. But how many times have we heard about candles left unattended causing fires.

My tip for today is to "put on the stove timer when you light the candle, for the length of time you want them lit". This will remind you to blow them out. If this tip will prevent one fire, then its worth the effort.

Better Living Safety HomeFebruary 21, 2013
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Remembering-to-Put-Out-Candles.html