Shopping for Olive Pimento Cheese Spread

I would like to buy olive pimento cheese spread in the jar. I can't find it in the store anymore, only old English and pimento. Does anyone know where I can find it? Is it still made?

By Lynda from Pine Bluff, AR

Filter Sort

thr522587 Flag

I think Kraft still makes it. If you have a Walmart near you they most likely carry it. I happen to have a really good recipe for it that you can make:

Pimento Olive Cheese Spread

10 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 small yellow onion, grated

1/2 cup chili sauce

1/4 cup pimiento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped

4 to 8 tbsp sour cream (depending on the consistency you want)

Mix first five ingredients well, stir in the 4 tablespoons of sour cream. Add more tablespoons of sour cream if desired.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Elgie 5 145 Flag

If anyone locates it, see if they also have the "Roka Blue" that my mother always stuffed celery with for the holidays. That is not in the stores either. I would love to find it again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

EGGZ, you're in luck! I just submitted this recipe here at ThriftyFun :-)

Kraft Roka Blue Spread Substitute

I've seen several requests regarding Roka Blue so for those of you lovers looking for this discontinued product you're in luck because I found it and Kraft Kitchen themselves swear this is the perfect substitute recipe for the original! This recipe equals two of the original 5 ounce jars.

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Water, if desired

Mix the cream cheese and blue cheese until well blended; add 1 tablespoon at a time of water (up to 5 tablespoons) for a thinner consistency if desired.

*NOTE: For a tangier flavor add 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lynn McLay Mead K. 1 Flag

The Net says they discontinued it in 2012. I wish I'd known; I would have purchased a case.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Shopping for Kraft Olive Pimento Cheese Spread

I have to have it. I have lived in Wisconsin all my life and bought it there, however, suddenly it wasn't there. I have now moved to Washigton DC and cannot find it. Any suggestions? I don't want a recipe.

By Peg

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Ginnee 2 191 Flag

I can't find it either. 'Lynda" in 2011 was looking for it too. Maybe they discontinued it.

I tried the link but got nowhere. Could be that I need another cup of coffee, though, to wake up. ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Product FinderNovember 10, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Pimento Cheese Spread
Pimento Cheese Spread Recipes
Pimentos, Cherry Peppers
Recipes Using Pimentos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 9:07:09 AM on 10.0.1.165 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswers
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings