Pimento Cheese Spread Recipes

Make this quick and easy spread for crackers, bagels, or what have you. This page contains pimento cheese spread recipes.

Someone here was just asking where to purchase olive pimento cheese spread and it jarred my memory that I have a really good recipe for it from years and years ago. Of course, it's not as easy to make as buying a jar; but at least you know what's really in it ;-)

• 10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1/4 cup pimiento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
  • 4 to 8 Tbsp. sour cream (depending on the consistency you want)

Directions:

Mix first five ingredients well, stir in the 4 tablespoons of sour cream. Add more tablespoons of sour cream if desired.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Pimento Cheese Spread I

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. Velveeta, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
  • 3/4's of a Qt. of Miracle Whip
  • 2-3 pkts. of Splenda
  • black pepper

• 2 jars Dromedary sliced pimentos (the larger 1/2 cup size)
  • can use chopped pickles or pickle relish (optional)

Directions

Beat with an electric mixer till it reaches the correct consistency (to me that's between small curds and smooth).

You might like to use less Miracle Whip. I like mine creamy, where it spreads good.

Good for sandwich spread, or as a dip for fresh veggies, or served with fancy breads and crackers.

By Terri from Pahrump, NV

Pimento Cheese Spread II

Ingredients

• 2 lb. American cheese
    • 1 jar pimento (4 oz.)
    • 1 pint mayonnaise
    • 2 Tbsp. sugar

Directions

Finely grate cheese, mash pimentos, add mayonnaise, blend thoroughly. Sprinkle with sugar. Yield: 1 1/2-2 quarts sandwich or cracker spread.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• Comment Was this helpful? 2

This tip serves two purposes. I designate one day each week to go through my refrigerator to clean out any spoiled food and look for any good leftovers. Once I am finished with this task, I create a new recipe from the leftovers. I will share the recipe I made yesterday. My version of homemade pimento cheese.

All of these ingredients were odds and ends I found while cleaning the refrigerator. To this I added a couple drops of green pepper sauce, about 1/4 tsp. ground fresh pepper, a pinch of cayenne, and a 1/8 tsp. of onion powder. Mix well and chill before serving. My family loved it. We had sandwiches and soup for dinner. This tasted so much better then the store brand and did not contain all the additives.

I use to dread cleaning out the refrigerator, but now I actually look forward to the task and creating a leftover recipe for lunch or dinner that day.

Source: I started doing this about a year ago when I read a tip about keeping your brain active, the suggestion was to designate one day a week to create a new recipe, I believe the tip was in Prevention magazine or Readers Digest, because both have very short articles!

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

How much pimento cheese should I use per person on a sandwich?

Answers

Use 2 tablespoons of pimento cheese spread to make a pimento sandwich.

2 oz. is a average serving size for a sandwich =4 tb.

This would also be the same amount if you where doing meat& cheese( 2 oz.)!

You are probably making your own pimento cheese but I decided to check serving size on the Pimento Spread 5 oz. jar.
    They state 2 tablespoons per serving with 4.5 servings per 5 oz. jar.
    I haven't used this in a long time but it may be something for you to check out. Serving size at bottom of page.

www.walmart.com/.../47243560

2T per serving. Add lettuce and a slice of tomato for a great sandwich

This post made me so hungry!! I assume you are planning for something where you will want pre-made sandwiches. In that case, I think the others gave you good info.

My suggestion is if you can, let people make their own and spread how much they want if possible.

I love mine as a very thin spread with little bit of deli turkey. Others may want to slather it on thick and forgo the turkey or even the top slice of bread.

When I go to events and everything is premade, it is usually disappointing as I have to spend time picking things apart so I can make what I like. Show me something in a "bar" format where I can make my own and I am a very happy camper.

On the flip side, when I used to plan meetings all the time and had premade meals, I found there was so much waste it was sinful. When we switched to the "bar or buffet or DIY style format--however you want to say it" where people could mix and match and make their own (like sandwich or even if we had a meal...where they could put their own gravy on or not), the waste from the events dropped significantly and we (the company) saved money in the long run.

Just my thought! Post back what you decide! Have a great event!

A normal serving size of any meat or cheese for a sandwich is 2 ounces. If it is a spread then you need 4 tablespoons of the spread for each sandwich.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsFebruary 6, 2013
    😷
    📓
    🐛
    😎
    🌻
    https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pimento-Cheese-Spread-Recipes.html