Sewing Machine Repair

I cannot lower the pressure foot on my sewing machine. On closer inspection it looks like the fine tension belt has been broken and one end of it has wrapped itself around the lever used to raise and lower the pressure foot. Is this something I need to take to be repaired or can I do this myself?

By Peggy from Lincolnshire, UK

Answers

Best Answer

Rule of thumb: if you are asking the question, this is something you need to take in to be repaired. Instruction books come with sewing machines telling about things like this and also the whole schematic (design) should be online with the company you got it from. Allows you to order parts to fix it. Even though mine is 25 years old, Sears still has my model in their computer. I located all the things and printed it off.

Sewing Machine Sewing Blue Fabric
Repairing a Sewing Machine
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 20, 2010
Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Using a Handy Stitch Sewing Machine
Photo of a woman with a broken sewing machine that won't go in reverse.
Sewing Machine Won't Sew in Reverse
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine Thread Keeps Breaking
🎉
🎄