Can I Freeze Cucumbers?

Can you freeze cucumbers?

By Russell S

Best Answer

I just thought I'd share that I made some tabouli and the recipe made a huge amount. I couldn't eat all of it so I thought I wonder how it would be if I froze it. I put it in individual serving containers and tried it, thinking it would probably turn to mush. But I was very surprised! It froze beautifully. It was not mushy at all, in fact when defrosted the cucumbers were still nice and crunchy. :)

Freezing cucumbers will result in a mushy, very watery product. The best way to preserve cucumbers is to make pickles.

Can I go through the process of pickle/brine preserving, and not add the sugar and still get a crisp cuke wedge? Onion is OK, just gotta avoid the sugar and spices. And will I get the cucumber taste???

I make freezer pickles! There are lots of good recipes on the internet, just pick the one that suits you. Most state that the pickles are good for 3 months, but I've opened packages from last summer, and they were still crisp and good.

Cucumbers on ice.
Freezing Cucumbers
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJuly 24, 2011
Bowl of tzatziki.
Recipes Using Cucumbers
Selecting Good Cucumbers
Stirring Tzatziki
Tzatziki Recipes
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow