Locating an Old Commercial

A few years ago there was a commercial featuring an older lady teetering around on high heels. She was walking towards some really tacky, over-sized gold colored leaves. The punchline as she motions to the leaves was "these are leaves" and then something like "they said 'Meg, buy me'" I love that commercial but can't find it anywhere, or remember what it was for. I think it was for the Ikea stores. Does anyone remember?

By collinsmom from NJ

I remember this commercial back in the early 1990s and I'm pretty sure it was for a candy bar (perhaps Bit O Honey, but I'm not positive). The tag line was "Money, No Taste" and the woman was showing off all of the tacky things in her home. "This is a reproduction of an original but it costs more!" "These, are leaves!" "This is a fountain." "It spoke to me, it said Meg, buy me!"

Best Answer

It was a national ad for a furniture store.

'This is a reproduction but it cost more than the original! '

She's standing in front of a velvet painting bullfighting scene when she utters that famous phrase...

'It spoke to me! It said...'Meg! Buy me!'

The topper was her freeze framed manic expression coupled with a car crash sound effect was deserving of an award.

OKCRAY, I think you are correct! For some reason I got Ikea stuck in my head! Thank you. I would love to see this commercial again. It was hilarious.

Did anyone find this commercial? I too want to see it again. It aired in Central New York in the early 90's. It was for a furniture store. "This is a fountain...These are leaves..."

I saw it in Texas

I think this was a generic commercial that aired all over the country and was purchased regionally by different businesses. I live in Austin TX and it was for a furniture store called "Norwalk". "These are leaves! This is a fountain...."

This was NOT IKEA. it was for Ashley furniture, or Gage furniture. I've been looking for this commercial for years, and I'm glad to see others are too. It was 100% for a furniture company, I just can't remember which.

I always saw it as a Garden Ridge Commercial here in central Texaxs. (Now, athome)

Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 8, 2009
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
Helping Someone With Alzheimer's
Helping a Loved One with Alzheimer's
Locating Adopted Relatives
Locating Adopted Relatives
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 8:04:20 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.