Reviews of SkimStone for Countertop Refinishing

I have read about all the posts on painting laminate/Formica countertops. I did a sample board to mimic granite and it looks great. I also used the smallest kit of Envirotex, it too looks great. I do notice it scratches and a hot frozen dinner container out of the microwave sticks to it (not very heat resistant).

If I go with paint I may try Diamond Varathane, I haven't read anything negative on it (unlike about every other clear coat).

I also looked into some other ideas and read about something called SkimStone. It's where you do several thin coats of this concrete type of stuff. It looked amazing, but I need to know if anyone has tried this? What sealant did you use? How easy was it to apply?

By Annie B.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews House and HomeMay 22, 2011
Porcelain Sink
Refinishing an Old Porcelain Sink
Wood Veneer Drawer
Refinishing Wood Veneer Furniture
Wood End Table
Refinishing an End Table
Mahogany Cabinet Door
Refinishing Mahogany Furniture