How do you get the smell out of nylon shirts?

How do you get the smell out of nylon shirts? I've worn one twice and now the stench is unbelievable. (None of my other clothes smell this way....)

Lee

My Fashion teacher who is involved in theater told us to keep costumes fresh from daily wear...they would spray the underarms with a mix of water and vodka...I don't know the portions but it would kill the smell and freshen the garment for daily use.

Place your shirt in a bucket and fill 1/2 full with cold water. Shake in 2 cups baking soda and stir. Add 1 cap ERA liquid landury detergent and stir. Leave in cool place for 24 hours and then wring out by hand. Launder as usual with warm water laundry. In future, remember that some NYLON garments don't allow for body breathing and should not be purchased. It is a good idea to purchase a washable blend.

Good luck this worked for me in the same situation when I was younger.

Buy some OUT in the Pet department at WalMart.Pour some in whatever container you want to wash the shirts in,even in the washer.It smells like vanilla extract.Of course if you don't like Vanilla then maybe some Febreze or vinegar might help.

I would soak it in a mix of 1/2 cold water, 1/2 vinegar, then let it drip dry outdoors. If you can let it hang in the sun and fresh air (on a clothesline or balcony) for a day or longer, that would probably be a big help! (I never heard of the vodka suggestion -- interesting!)

You could also be overheating the materials in the shirt. Try drying the garment on low, cool heat or hanging it to dry.

Smelling clothing in the washing machine.
Clothes Smell Bad After Washing
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 19, 2004
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Flannel Shirts
Uses for Old Flannel Shirts
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 5:37:03 PM on 10.0.2.71 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.