Film on Shower Doors

What is the best way to remove "film" off of shower doors?

Lisa from Surrey, BC

Lemon oil works great and smells fresh too!

Wipe with a used fabric softener sheet, slightly dampened. Rinse. Doors are perfect in just seconds!

"Bar keepers friend" it's in a gold can and they carry it at Walmart. It works great on shower doors and glass top stoves. Best of all it won't scratch.

Have you tried the magic eraser yet or the other sponges like that brand?Scotchbrite has a brand also, I have not tried it on shower door yet, as we don't have any but it works on so many other things, it is addictive.I have even found some at the dollar store.Anyway, it is so amazing how well they work, I even clean my dishes off before putting them in the dishwasher by using the sponge.We have an inexpensive dishwasher made for our apartment.I know if you buy the sponge and start using it, you will be so surprized at what it does.One other idea I had and have recomended before is the hand held steamers.You do not have to use any chemicals with those.The prices should be pretty low now for the holidays.Let us know how you did.

vinegar works great too

Ok. I just tried a few of these suggestions. I used bar keepers friend first because it is my favorite household cleaner. It can remove almost anything. It did pretty well with the shower but I still had those water drop marks. I followed up with Burts Bees lemon insect lotion. It was the only lemon oil product I had and it finished the job. My shower door has not looked like this since it was new!

I have found cleaning the shower doors with windex was the trick for me. Spray windex from the top of the doors down to the bottom. I spray my cleaning cloth with windex before I get started on the wiping process. This process works well with the rest of the shower unit as well.

September 3, 2011 Flag

Can you tell me how to keep the soap film off shower doors?

By Brenda M

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The guy at the glass shop where I bought my shower door said to use Turtle wax. I have only had mine waxed about two weeks but it seems to be working. Hope this helps.

Train yourself and your family to squeegee the doors or wipe down with a towel after every shower. Eliminates major cleanups and really isn't all that much trouble.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 15, 2006
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄