Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Buddy is about 9 -11 years old. He's a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. Our neighbors found him running the streets in another town. After they couldn't find his owners, they gave him to us.

Buddy likes to go for walks, and go to different parks for the new smells. ;-) Buddy will bury his Milk Bones in his bed, in my flower pots, in our shoes, and just about everywhere else. Funny thing is he rarely eats those, but digs up and eats the yucky, dirty ones he "plants" in the border flowers.

By Vi J.

Buddy is so cute and I can tell,well loved.

Thanks for sharing his story and photos.

Buddy is a doll and I love his little upturning nose! :-)

Buddy looks just like my sweet little dog lady. She was14 years old and the love of my life, she passed away on April 4th and it's like a part of me died with her. She was the sweetest little angel and I hope to be with her again when I die. Thank you for posting the pictures, sometimes it helps me get through the loss of my sweet little lady bugs. Nova

Can you please tell me where they found him? my sisters dog Reggie ran away a few months ago and he looks JUST like him!

April 22, 2011 Flag

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

This is Buddy. We guess he is about 10-11 years old. We've had him almost 7 years. The Vet said he was probably 3-4 when we first got him. Buddy is probably Pomeranian and Chihuahua. He came to us from a neighbor that found him and couldn't find his owners, lucky us! He likes to walk, walk and walk, Ride in the car and go to the park.

He doesn't know how to play. Buddy is adjusting to being blinded in his left eye after a dog attack, $1400 plus. And the woman took her dog and ran off, not giving her name or phone, address.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA.

Answers:

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Bless you and a thumbs up for Buddy ;-) (03/16/2010)

By Deeli

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Lucky Buddy, and lucky you, too! that you found one another! (03/17/2010)

By Pam in Beeton

March 16, 2010 Flag

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)
Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)
This is Buddy. His age is unknown but our new vet listed him as 8 years. We are told he is a Pomeranian-Chihuahua 11.06 lbs.

Buddy was found in the middle of a busy intersection in another city. Brought home to our neighbor and they decided he was to small for their 3 children , so gave him to us. We tried to find his owner. But after 3 months he became ours to love.

Poor Buddy doesn't know how to play. He doesn't do chew bones/toys, rope tugs, old socks or balls. But he does like to walk along the fences in our area. Almost like he is looking for an escape route. Also we found out that if he accidentally gets out, he runs away and will not come when called. One of us has to get in the car and and one follows him on foot until someone picks him up or we catch him.. Very scary as he has no fear of cars or running in the street.

He also does not like most little dogs but tolerates both big and little one if they leave him alone. He likes to chase cats if he sees one outside. Or Sammy the squirrel (another story). He doesn't bark if the doorbell rings or we have company. But he will bark for unknown reasons at the back door at night sometimes. Nothing out there when we turn on the lights. He wakes Hubby up in the mornings by giving a soft grrr and if that doesn't get him up he will put two feet on the side of the bed and bark softly, if that doesn't work he barks out loud.

We have not found a dog food he likes well enough to eat twice in a row, if EVER. (He only eats at night mostly. And will walk away when he's full, about 1/4 cup. He likes to see what we're eating before he eats anything. And sometimes eats 1/2 of his supper and saves the rest until 10 pm or later( yes I do put it in the fridge). We think he must have been hand fed table scrapes. He will bury milk bones in his bed, Rarely eats them. I lifted the pillow to find 14 milk bones there, half of one behind a table leg, a couple out in the yard, one in a shoe, etc.

He likes to ride in the car and go for long walks and visit parks. We do not use a collar for his leash, but he wears one for his tags. He will go to the end of the leash and stand until we give him more line. We walk him with a harness because the Vet said his larynx was crushed at some point. Every time he gets a drink of water he chokes, like it goes down the wrong way and he has to cough to get it down right. Poor little guy. I wonder how badly he was treated before coming to us. He was neutered when we got him. We just had his teeth cleaned and they didn't have to pull any. Sorry this is so long. But hope others will adopt from the local pound instead of buying from a puppy mill.

By Vi from Moorpark, CA

Answers:

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Darling little guy! So lucky to have people who love him. (09/17/2008)

By lavonneann

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

It's so nice you shared this story with the Thrifty Fun family :-) You, hubby and Buddy are all Blessed :-) I giggled because Buddy weighs five pounds less than my kitty, Rachel ;-) I'll bet he might not chase her ;-) LOL !!! (09/17/2008)

By Deeli

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us Buddy's interesting story. Poor little fella. He is so lucky that you found him, love him and give him such a nice home. You couldn't have told the story better, so please, don't apologize for the length of it. It was wonderful.

All the best to you and to Buddy. Julia in Orlando, FL (09/17/2008)

By Julia

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

He is a precious little sweetie and I'm so glad you found him! I have a darling almost-14-year-old dachshund/beagle mix female who was taken to the animal shelter after her mistress died almost 2 years ago. She is my darling baby girl now! She, too, doesn't know how to play, but loves to eat! I also have a golden retriever mix male and a pyrenees mix male from the local shelter. Rescued dogs are the best! Thanks for sharing Buddy with us and God bless you. (09/18/2008)

By tedsmom

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Oh Vi, what a wonderful story. Bless u and family for taking the time and giving great love to this soul. Most folks would not accepts the quirks of this babe and u not only do, but embrace the fact that u can help make his life sooo much better than it has ever been. Wish there were more people in the world like u. =^.^= (09/18/2008)

By MissmyHannah

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

What a wonderful story. Can your little dog hear? The reason I ask is that he doesn't respond when you call him. It may be his hearing. (09/18/2008)

By Sue

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Out here in Missouri my friend found a Chihuahua and it never listened. One day I was over there and spoke Spanish to it and his little ears perked up. His previous owners must have spoken Spanish. Now my friend has learned quite a few Spanish words and he seems happier. He loves it when I go talk to him. My doggie understands English and Spanish.
You are so wonderful to take him and love him.

My mom died in February and Honey is finally really being loving with me. He was her dog. He was with her and me when she died and he really had a hard time. Plus I used to have 2 other doggies that were my sole attention. So now he and I (Honey) are bonded solid. Take care. (09/19/2008)

By meoowmom

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Answer to Sue, Buddy has selective hearing.He will turn around to look when called but goes right ahead and runs. He also comes when called in the house SOMETIMES, Just when he wants to though.He is a wreak when he hears thunder and fireworks and leaves the room when the T.V. is to loud. Thanks everyone for your nice comments. GG Vi (09/19/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

RE: Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Try feeding him "Nutrish" Rachel Rays dog food. All 3 of my chi's love it' before they were like your dog's eating habits. Now they just chow down! Carol in North Carolina (09/23/2008)

By carolinacarol

RE: Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Thanks for the fascinating details, now I know my dog isn't the only one with a quirky personality. You are certainly a person who cares deeply. More Buddy stories! (09/24/2008)

By kimhis

Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

Hi your dog sounds an awful lot like my chi when i got her at 5 years old. She was EVIL and ran away on everyone, (but me). She listens quite well now, I had to OVERLY bribe her for about three or four months straight to do anything. It was like training a puppy, only she was more determined to ignore me. She became slightly over weight while this process was going on, but now she realizes I'm here for a GOOD reason.

I don't think Buddy was treated well before, typically cases like his is a result of an older person with a smaller dog, spoiling them with food, but not training them, or giving them proper "dog" attention.

My dog, Smurf, doesn't play or chew or do anything fun. She was an over-bred litter machine before I rescued her. Its something that will never change unfortunately. Try a dog park, most of the dogs there are at least 30lbs, he might find a larger one he likes.

Also, for picky dogs, I find a raw diet works AWESOME. Check out B.A.R.F Billinghurst on Google.

(10/04/2008)

By Lyndsay

RE: Buddy (Pomeranian-Chihuahua)

June 1, 2009 Flag

Buddy is 7 years old and is a Chihuahua/Pomeranian. He was rescued by a neighbor who then gave Buddy to me.

Pomeranian Mix
Pomeranian Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesApril 24, 2011
Pomeranian
Pomeranian's Coat Not Growing Back
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
small reddish brown dog
Chihuahua/Pomeranian Mix Breed Photos
🎄