Chihuahua Mix Photos

Category Dogs
This popular Mexican breed can sometimes be mixed with other small dogs to create some very cute companions. This page contains Chihuahua mix photos.

This is a guide about Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix breed photos. The PomChi is a sweet small mixed breed dog that may be perfect for your family.

small reddish brown dog

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

This page contains Pug/Chihuahua mix photos. Breeders are currently crossing dog breeds to produce designer mixes. Of course the mixes can also occur the traditional way.

Pug in red dress

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I was told that he was a Min Pin, I am thinking he's a chihuahua mix.

Shae from Spokane

Answers

Min Pin, I would say!

Going to try and post my sister's chihuahua, and you judge, kinda look alike I'd say.

I would say, What difference does it make?
He is ADORABLE! Just love him!

I have a min pin/chihuahua mix and he looks like mine. The legs and body are longer. Very cute face like yours.

I have a minpin and a chi mix and yours looks like a minpin. I dont see any chi in there. But he is adorable and if you dont want him I will take him-LOL

She has the min pin face but she has other colors on her min pins only come in red or black, I would say she is min pin cross with chihuahua as we had an accident breeding of such, they are cute puppies and we got 250$ apiece for them, but wouldnt do that breeding again. Like I said it was an accident. More then likely her ears will stand up once she is done teething.

It looks like a red minpin. They come in Black & Tan, red, chocolate and blue. He's adorable.

That's a minpin. But they all come from the same small Spanish, German and English Terriers. Ratoneros, Manchesters, Min Pins were taken to Mexico on board ships as raters in the early days.

But yours definitely looks like a min pin to me. But my chihuahuas look like min pins.

I have a chipin (mix breed) and he is 4 months old and he is the baby of the family. Sometimes he doesn't listen what do? He eats human food not dog food. Help me?

I wouldn't listen to the people that are saying she is a chi. I have a female red min and she looks exactly like your boy. he has long legs and the long skinny face and features of a min pin. Take him to a well known vet and get their opinion. This picture was taking two months ago. mwagonerj AT yahoo.com

He looks like a young Italian greyhound -- google them.

I have a pup that looks a lot like this she is 1/2 Chihiahua and 1/2 mini pin. Very very active pup but also very loyal and loving!

hmmm my girl Nelly is a chi-pin ans she looks a lot like your pup. Her mother is a blond chi and father is a beautiful red mini-pin. Nelly is full of energy and at the same time very loving and loyal.

I was also told that my dogs were min pins. They are so skinny and have big ears.

I have a Mini Dchshund and I can tell from his face that there is a bit of Mini Dachshund in him :)

I have a min pin chihuahua mix and she looks just like your dog.

Your dog is Min Pin and Chihuahua I have one just like it female. She is 3lb and 10 months old.

I have the same question! My mom purchased what was said to be a full blooded chihuahua, he now weighs 5lbs and still has short legs, but i swear he looks just like some mini pin mixes i've seen. Our vet said she thinks hes a chihuahua, i say otherwise, the breeder has him CKC registered, and can get into a lot of trouble if hes not full blooded like she told us he was, i contacted her on it and she promised me he's full "stock" and would send me pics of the daddy and mom (which could be faked) needless to say she never replied after that with pics or anything. What do you guys think?? He is now 6 months old and is long, short leg, one ear down, one up, and has a long nose still. xravenezzx @ aol . com

I have a Min Pin and Chihuahua, Given to me at 4 1/2 weeks old from my Son All Black She is 7 Months old 4 1/2 pounds long legs long body short face big ears one stands up and one bent over. Love her to death. Crissy is her Name. So sweet and can be a brat to.

I think you are right. I just got one and he looks the same but is black. They are sweet dogs.

I know this thread is a bit older but thought I would comment since I recently have acquired a puppy myself. Her name is "Roo" and she is a real sweetie. Very playful and smart. Just about have her pottie trained and she sits, stays and go's to her bed and stays there when we say "Bed". We went to the house where the puppies were and met the Mom. She is a AKC registered Min Pin, the dad is a MinChi, half and half. So we were told that she was 3/4 MinPin and 1/4 Chi. But the more I look at photos of Min's the more I realize that Roo has almost no Chi traits at all. The breeder or more correctly, the lady who's Min had the pup's failed to dock the tails or crop the ears of the puppies so we have a natural Min. Which actually we are happy about because Roo's tail curls up over her rear so beautifully and her ears are great the way they are with one sticking straight up and one bent over a bit.

To the owner of the black and brown pup, looking at your photo I would say that you have a MinChi. The shorter legs would be the Chi give away but then not necessarily because that is still to young of a dog to tell if the legs are going to get longer. The rest of the puppy looks dead on Min Pin.

The red one at the top looks like a MinChi as well.

I found a growth chart for minPins and it showed how big they would get by current height according to age. My Roo is currently 9-9 1/2 at the withers and 12 weeks old. The chart said that she would grow to 11 or 11 1/2 inches. Ive never seen a Chihuahua that tall. So I guess that would be one way to figure if you have a chi or a min. : ) good luck. Shoot, by now your pup is full grown. Can you post a recent pic and if you ever found out for sure? That would be cool. Take care all.

This is my 8 week old puppy. I still do not have a name for him, but considering Mac. Mom is a chiweenie and dad is a Chihuahua. I was told that the dad was a very small Chihuahua. Will my little man be more Chihuahua or chiweenie?

By Kimberly

Someone gave me my puppy and said it was a chihuahua. He is a beautiful dog, however it looks nothing like my other two chihuahuas. He's 3 1/2 months old and weigh over 4 lbs. His paws are too big to be such a little dog. He is very strong compared to my other chihuahuas.

By E.F. from Fort Worth, TX

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Mighty Molly is a 10 week old Schnauzer/Chihuahua mix. This wee one, likely the runt, had a rough start in her litter. She was picked on by siblings and lost weight from not getting enough to eat. The abuse and stress caused by her litter mates resulted in massive loss of hair as well. The baldness had made all of the fresh bite wounds/scratches and the many scars from old ones all the more apparent.

The owner, maybe thinking she was unadoptable because of looking bad, dumped her at the animal shelter where she was soon put on their euthanasia list. I adopted her from the rescue group who mercifully pulled her out of the animal shelter. They had cared for her over three weeks, bringing her to excellent health.

Molly is a love bug to her new pack; me in my role as Packleader/Mom, my husband as something like an uncle who spoils her, our Mimi the Terrier who outweighs Mo by 34 lbs., our Lulu the Labrador who outweighs her by 52 lbs. and four cats who all outweigh her too. Our amazing Mighty Mo is 2 lbs. of unbridled joy and happiness. One of the four cats has actually turned the tide and is becoming motherly towards the puppy.

Molly loves to chase after the cats, wanting them to play, while the big dogs chase after her, wanting to play. It is a repeating procession, Life is a Parade.

By Simply Susie from TX

Mighty Molly (Schnauzer/Chihuahua Mix)

Comment Like this photo? 19

Li'l AJ is 12 years old. He is a Maltese/Chihuahua. He was an "accident" down at the campgrounds. His little 4 lb mother decided to take a stroll and back herself up to a Maltese (who was tethered cuz' he had been in trouble) and, Voila! Four little "mice" were born a few months later.

He likes to hide his chews, although they are not really hidden. He just thinks they are. If anyone even walks by, oblivious to it even being there, Li'l AJ rushes to it, gets it and puts it somewhere else in plain view, but HE thinks it's hidden. He works very hard at it!

When my father was at home with Hospice with a very short time to live, I would spend the nights. Li'l AJ always sleeps with me. My dad had a "bell" by his bed to ring if he needed me during the night. I awoke to "Woof! Woof!" Li'l AJ had gotten down on the floor, was looking up at me barking. My dad had rang his bell and I didn't hear it. Li'l AJ was letting me know to get up. I had fell asleep on the job!

By LinDuh_in_VA from Richmond, VA

White dog.

Comment Like this photo? 19

Your Pet's Age
2 months

Your Pet's Breed
Chihuahua Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I posted on a Facebook page where animals are in need of a home. Owner contacted me through message and I went and got her that same day. We named her Babygirl Nicole Hale.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Everything, besides taking a bath. She loves to go outside and catch grasshoppers, loves playing with the kids and going bye bye. She's full of energy and just a ball of fun.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She's energetic, protective and loves her sister and brother. I'm expecting another baby boy so I know she'll love him and protect him just as she does for the others. She's extremely smart, my kids will work with her to sit, give high five, jump, and paw. We are still working with her to roll over. She only took about 2 days to train, the kids and I would give her a piece of maple flavored bacon everytime she went outside to use the bathroom. She learned fast but would also try to trick us. Her favorite food is pizza and turkey and enjoys a nice warm bowl of milk every night, we learned that it actually helps them sleep better and it does. She sleeps with my little girl but sometimes she'll go into our little boy's room in the middle of the night. She enjoys reading time too and also gets her baths at least twice a week if not three. We treat her like our kid cause she is. She loves to tear the cotton out of her stuffed animals and the kids stuffed animals and will try to get inside. She's just an amazing kid and everyday she makes us happy and laugh. Every morning she wakes us all with kisses and she'll make it to all our rooms too. We are so blessed with her, can't have a better dog than her. When I first brought her into the house, I sat her down and she just started to jump around and wagging her little curly tail. It's like she just knew she was home for good. She made me fall in love with dogs and now I want more! I just lover her, she's my babygirl.

Comment Like this photo? 10

Thor is a 10 month old mixed Chihuahua. I work in construction and he was left on the job site, so I adopted him without my husband's knowledge. When I got home that evening, my husband got a huge surprise. Thor was very thin and scared, but with lots of love and attention, he is the perfect pet for myself and my husband.

He loves play ball, whether you are throwing it or just kicking it. He is always pushing the ball to my feet when I am in the kitchen cooking. My husband recently bought me a laptop. I believe the picture speaks for itself, Thor is a bit jealous.

By dannie46 from Antioch, CA

Thor the Dog Sitting my Laptop Computer

Comment Like this photo? 11

Muffin is a chihuahua, but is also mixed with something else, don't know what. Muffin was given to me by my oldest daughter, Michelle. I became disabled and she thought that I needed a pet to keep me company. Boy, was she ever right!

Tan and white dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Choco is 2 years old. She is a Maltese and Chihuahua mix. My friend was telling me that her neighbor had to return to Thailand, and needed to find a home for his small dog.

Dogs lying on floor.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Lil Fella is a 7 year old Japanese Chin/Chihuahua. I got fella 7 years ago when the lady I worked with brought in a box of her adorable puppies her own dog had just had.

Lil Fella Japanese Chin and Chihuahua

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

I got Turbo, when she was 8 weeks old because my son had her for 3 days and couldn't deal with a hyper puppy.

cute brown and white dog in red outfit

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Sweetie-Pie is approximately 13 years old. She is a Chihuahua mix. Sweetie pie is the resident dog at the Avian Rescue, where I volunteer. She likes to be petted and cuddled, and she sleeps a lot, also supervises all activities all actions concerning the care of the birds.

Dog in blanket.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

BamBam is a 2 year old chihuahua mix. My neighbor knew our 13 year old dog died and she offered us a puppy. He likes to chase the vacuum when on, or balloons. We love him to death.

chihuahua mix

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We moved out to the country, in the middle of Texas. Two dogs were watching my husband from the woods, dropped off strays. He called them over and they were overjoyed and hungry. The next day they came back again. I couldn't deny these 2 devoted friends a forever, safe, fun home off the streets.

Sparky (Chihuahua Terrier Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Diamond is six years old. She is a is a Chihuahua and Toy Poodle mix. Someone we know told us about their give away puppy. It was 2004 near Christmas. She loves to run around. Her favorites thing is to play fetch. She loves to play with her friends.

White dog with fancy collar.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Perla del Mar is a 6 week old Maltese and Chihuahua mix. I got Perla last week from mom as her mother's milk had dried out. She likes to play with her brother Dester. Perla is adorable and smart. We are potty training her and she makes it about 80% of the time.

Perla del Mar (Maltese/Chihuahua)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is one of her favorite places to be, which is under our kitchen table. As you can see, we just place a mat there so she's aware that it is her neutral zone location.

Daisy the Dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Sadie is a Chihuahua/Papillon mix. She is two years old, 4 lbs. We absolutely love and spoil her as she the only girl in the family, besides me - mom.

Tan dog, closeup of face.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

One of my cousins owns a Chihuahua and a Chihuahua mix, who had a litter of puppies. My mom had just moved out by herself for the first time in her life and needed a pet. She looked and played with all of the puppies and chose the one who she later named Noah!

closeup Noah

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

We recently had been looking around for a puppy to share our love with and found him through an ad selling Chihuahua puppies. We fell in love and he's now a part of our family!

Nugget (Chihuahua Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This is Buffy she is a Chihuahua mix. She weighed not even 1 pound when I got her (rescued owner didn't want her and her brother because they were mixed breed). We have had her for 3 years now.

Black dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes
Load More