Shopping With a Cellphone

You can make shopping around a lot quicker if you have cellphone. Before you go shopping, write down the numbers of other stores that carry the products you are interesting in purchasing. That way you can call around to get competing price quotes and not have to drive to every store. Even if you don't have a cellphone, some stores have courtesy phones you can use.

By Fisher

I only have a cell phone now and started carrying a local phone book in my car for when I need to run errands or whatever. I have the phone book and can pull over and look up numbers and track things down while on the go without wasting gas running from place to place looking for something..

I have one of those minature size telephone books from my homeline phone company. all you have to do is call and request one

I'm afraid that would cost a fortune in itself here in UK:-(( Not cost effective. Better to do it online before you leave home.

Even if you don't have the phone numbers or a phone book with you, you can still call a free information number. 1-800-FREE 411 (1-800-373-3411) When it asks if you are calling from a cell phone don't push the button on the phone that you are, b/c they will then send you a text message asking if you want your free ringtone. I've used it a few times and no problems so far.

I love the phone book in the car idea. That would really be great in the car bag. Thank you