Paint Color Suggestion for Navy and White Kitchen

I am buying a house that has navy blue countertops and white cabinets. I need some ideas on color and decor. Not yellow in any shade.

By Andrea from Seymour, TN

Rustoleum now makes a paint for countertops. It comes in a BUNCH of colors. YOu can have ANY color in your kitchen. No, I don't work for Rustoleum but I have a really old house and no money for new counters. I saw it in a magazine at the doctor and will be painting mine soon. Check their website, I haven't found it in stores.

If you love Americana colors, mix in some burgundy. It's not exact, the white should be tan, but you can get some tan accents, too. Good Luck!

March 1, 2010 Flag

I have a navy and white back splash in my kitchen, which I love very much. I would like to know what color to paint the walls. The cabinets are white and the kitchen is open to the living room. I do not want blue in my kitchen. I have enough blue in the house. What would you suggest?

Gloria from Wiscasset, ME

Answers:

I'd go for a very light yellow. I've seen this done and it was beautiful! (11/18/2008)

By MommytoAll

I would go with either a sage green or a light cream color. (11/18/2008)

By superwoman

Pale gray. (11/18/2008)

By perfume and powder

I have a background in design/color and I would suggest the classic Khaki or light tan. It will make the blue pop and bring out the crispness of the white cabinets. It will also add a warm tone to the room since white and blue are cool colors. (11/18/2008)

By Amy1082

Cranberry would be pretty, and so would the sage green that superwoman posted. (11/19/2008)

By Barbara

I'd go with a shade of yellow. If you are brave, go for a bold yellow. If you like a more subdued look, go for a paler yellow. I like yellow in a kitchen. It's very cheery and warm. (11/19/2008)

By louel53

I would also go with yellow. My whole house is yellow and white, and I also have a lot of blue. I used a creamy yellow, something like a custard shade. (11/19/2008)

I have navy blue walls in my kitchen with light oak cabinets and lavender counter tops. All my appliances are white and so is the floor. I love it! Good luck. (11/19/2008)

By Kreatvmuzk1111

Since you already have the blue tile, it's a color you need to work with. Use the color wheel to make your decision. Analogous colors are side by side on the wheel. So they'd all be in the same family. The most jarring combo to make your back splash pop, would be orange which is directly across from blue on the color wheel. Or you can use the three color combo, can't think of the name.. tertiary? Which would be yellow, and I think purple. Check online at www.hgtv.com for the color wheel and color advice.

If it were my kitchen, I think I'd use a very light blue or very light aqua green (blue green). Or I'd choose a neutral for the walls. But that's just me. Good luck (11/20/2008)

By Carol in PA

Yellow would be my choice. (11/20/2008)

By Maryeileen

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 1, 2010
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄