Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

I have ground in dirt on old kitchen vinyl flooring. I have tried ammonia and bleach, not at the same time. I got all the old wax build up off, but am left with streaks of cloudy gray ground in dirt. How do I get this floor clean?

By Barbie from South TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

A bissell steam mop works well for this. I love mine. I got it at home depo for 60$

Answer

What do you use to clean a vinyl floor? I had a floor put down by Empire today, and I have no instructions. Does anyone know if Simple Green is too strong for cleaning it?

Also, I just bought a refill for my Quickie sponge mop and it specifically says do not use vinegar. Any ideas?

By Debby from San Diego, CA

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

You can call Empire, and see if they have the instructions, all manufacturers have their own recommendations.
Or try looking up the maker online, to see if there are any. (07/17/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Your quickie refill will be fine with vinegar. Don't leave it set in it, wash the mop when done. It makes it rust faster, the breakdown of the finish, etc.
I put the vinegar water in a spray bottle, not in my cleaning water.
To clean the floor, I have inlaid, as well as other flooring. I use Armstrong floor cleaner (Walmart carries it) as well as good old Mr. Clean/Comet/Pinesol for general floor cleaning. I also use lemon generic ammonia. Do not mix products, just one at a time. They all clean vinyl fine. (07/21/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Armstrong floor cleaner is what I use. Get the kind that says " leaves no sticky residue" .
For spot cleaning I use spray glass cleaner. Occasionally I go on my knees and clean the whole floor with glass cleaner and a rag, it makes it shine so pretty and does not make the floor slick like Simple Green for example. (07/21/2010)

By Lily May

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Dollar Tree carries a cleaner called Awesome it works for everything. I put it on and it's only a buck. I even cleaned the engine in my car. You can also get it at Dollar General, and Wal-mart, but Dollar Tree is cheaper. Everyone should try it. Make sure you read the bottled instructions. Good luck!
(10/22/2010)

By Sheena MO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove built up dirt and Mop and Glow from a non wax floor?

By Clark from Lancaster, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I get the yellow traffic areas on a no wax floor back to white (the original color)?

By bobo from Chicago, IL

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

You can buy a product that strips wax from kitchen floors, I used to get it at Walmart or the grocery store. I don't wax my floor, but over time a darker area appears where there is the most traffic flow. This product will take that out of the floor. It does require some elbow grease, but once done, my floor looks like new. (01/24/2010)

By susanmajp

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I remove yellow build up from my vinyl floor?

By Lizzieboo from NJ

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Ammonia and water will cut the wax buildup. Get down on hands and knees (if you're able to), scrub, and rinse well. Change water frequently too. (08/22/2009)

By Lorelei

Cleaning Vinyl Flooring

Is it build-up, or is it permanent? I have some yellowing in certain areas of linoleum in my house also. It is a chemical reaction and won't come off. (08/26/2009)

By LauriefromKansas

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you clean vinyl or non-waxed floors with vinegar? How much water and how much vinegar? Can you rinse with alcohol to make it shine?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just moved into an old house and the kitchen floor is white speckled vinyl. It is old and very dirty. What is the strongest and best cleaning fluid? It would also be nice if I didn't have to rinse it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Woman Cleaning Her Floor
Tips for Cleaning Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 24, 2011
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 12:07:49 AM on 10.0.1.35 in 330 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.