Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers

Category Laundry
There are laundry detergents made especially for front loading washers. Choosing the best one for your machine can improve its overall performance. This is a guide about best laundry soap for front load washers.

I just bought a front load washer. Do we need to use that expensive soap? Can we make our own? Thanks!

By Syber from IA

Best Answer

You can definitely make your own. The borax and castile detergent is low sudsing. Would work fine in the front loader.

Best Answer

There are many sites for making your own and I have tried 3 of them. Our clothes did not come out as bright so I went back to Tide but I stretch it a little with the homemade soap.

Best Answer

I just use less soap.

I LOVE my front loading washer and dryer. I use LIQUID soap only as I'm on a septic tank in the country. I ALWAYS by the least expensive liquid laundry detergent I can find. I NEVER use powder soap. Your clothes come out fresh and clean. I usually use X-Tra or some other off brand that is inexpensive. You don't need Tide or All or the other really expensive stuff.

Your probably better off buying off brands than trying to concoct your own.

Hugs

Any brand which has HE (high efficiency) on the label. I use Tide HE and it works fine for me.

I just got a new front loading washer. Can I use up my old regular detergent by using smaller amounts or will it damage the washer? Thank you.

By Aline from Vero Beach, FL

Front loaders are not as special as the manufacturers want you to believe. I use Dawn dish liquid on everyday stuff and Ivory liquid on delicates with fav softener, no issues. You do need less, which is a bonus. Happy Laundry.

I use regular about a tablespoon have been doing it for years and front loader is fine. Leave door open between loads to avoid mold.

I have a front loading washer, but it is not a high efficiency model (HE) so I can use regular laundry detergent.

I have an HE Front Loader. A repairman told me years ago to only use HE Liquid Laundry Detergent as regular detergent soaps up & suds too much. I use 1-2 tbsp of HE Detergent per load with no trouble. I always leave the door cracked open in-between washing, too.

Use only HE laundry detergents on HE front loader washing machines. Using anything else could reduce the life of your machine & could possibly void your warranty. I try to stock up on these detergents when there is a really great sale and have a coupon.

It is sort of like your auto dishwasher, you can't use sink dish detergent in the dishwasher or you can null and void any repairs needing done. Yep, husband grabbed that one time and there were suds and water all over the floor.

Anyway, I have used the HE detergent for my laundry since 1977. That is what my Amway SA8/BioQuest has been all these years. You don't use more than a couple tablespoons and you don't want any sudsing action you can see the bubbles of yesteryear on them.

We use Maytag front loader at our dry cleaning stores. I found that LG front load washer is not the best. BUT, I have found that the following gives me a good and fresh smell to our laundry: 1 Tablespoon of the proper tide (HE) detergent is ample.The odor comes from putting too much detergent in. On towels I add some vinegar too. I wipe down the rubber and put a small sink stopper to keep it open. Also, it really is a must to drain it every month.(A pain!). Our machine is 4 years old. It was rated highly by consumers. I would definitely not recommend it.

I can no longer find any detergents marked HE for front loading washers in my grocery stores. Is it no longer made? What do I use in place of it?

By LEP

They are often kept on the top shelf. In a pinch, you can just use half or one third of a regular detergent.

I use less than 1 tablespoon HE laundry detergent and I have way too much soap.

By Elfi