Browsing: Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop

Burn Mark on Marble Countertop

How do I get a burn stain off my marble countertop?

David from Newton Falls, OH

The rag to use should be a very soft cotton rag..

http://frugalli  rble_Cleaner.htm

As others have noted; a mild tootpaste can be tested also, but be sure that you test it in a non conspicuous area first...you don't want change the surface texture...

They make a certain cleaner for flat top stoves. Very strong, but unabrasive. Probably find it at Wal-Mart.

You don't want to ruin the finish, so yes, use a soft cloth.

The product referred to is "bon ami" (the can is a gold color). I'm not sure where its sold (I think grocery stores carry it (I usually shop at a military instillation)). It is less abrasive than regular scouring powders. I think this is the stuff you are looking for. My grandmother used it on her cook top (the first of the glass top stoves).

What burned the marble - and is it real marble or a manmade look alike? Real marble is hard to burn, a hot pan is not enough. I have a marble tiled hearth and it has not burned despite getting hot coals on it.

If it's a synthetic, try bleach. There are entire websites devoted to cleaning genuine marble.