Shaving Off Sideburns

I just shaved my sideburns off because I thought it looked really weird to be a girl and have dark brown sideburns. Now it all stubbly and I can't pull my hair up or anything. I was just wondering if there's a way I could make them look better? Or should I just leave me hair down for a couple months? Does the hair grow in darker and thicker?

By sugarcandy from Seattle, CA

Best Answer

It will not grow in thicker. I would just wear your hair down for a few months, or use a wide cloth headband that covers the area. What ever you do, don't use eyebrow pencil to draw it in. It will be more noticeable then.

Best Answer

Use dabs of gel to tame the stubbies until they grow out.

You should never shave them! If you don't like them then use wax to remove them but have a professional do it for you. Just were your hair down for a couple of months or go to a beauty salon and see if they can help you.

Ugh. I feel ya there. The only thing to do now is let it grow out, or shave it every day. That, or get 'em threaded - you don't wanna wax your face, it makes your skin saggy. Good luck.

Hey I have a similar problem. I've decided to just let it grow out. Is that what you did? Can anyone Please tell me if it will eventually grow back to normal?

No, it doesn't grow back darker or thicker. Relax. It's OK to shave your sideburns. Most women end up shaving other parts of their face when they're older anyway. And I've been shaving my mustache since I was 13, every day since I was 15. And I'm in my 50's now. It's no big deal. Millions of women do it, but very few admit to doing it.

If you shave your side burns and don't shave them wouldn't it just be as noticeable I have dark hair no matter what is shave.