Spud (Dark Brahma Chicken)

This is Spud, my 2 month old cockerel chicken. His breed is a Dark Brahma. I hatched him out early last spring along with his only sister. This breed grow slowly and take longer time to mature then any other breed I known.

As you can see, he is not in a hurry to do any growing up things. If you have not seen a lazy chicken well, this is it. Across from him is a green spring grass on a lawn full of bugs and worms to eat but I guess bathing in a sun, and stretch some leg muscles is just as good.

By Kitty

Chickens make really good pets too. They'll follow you around just like a dog, and if you're sitting out in the yard, they'll stay right with you. My Dominecker hen, Matilda, loved to eat saltine crackers with me and liked to sit in my lap. She'd just cluck away the same as if she were talking to me. I'd talk to her, and she'd immediately "say something" right back.

She probably knew what I was saying, but I didn't know what she was saying.

Thanks for sharing Spud with us. I wish you the best of luck with him. He's so cute. Right at the age that he thinks he's an eagle. Watch him stand almost on his tippy toes sometimes, and spread his wings out, as far as they'll go. Just like a young eaglet.

Pookarina

I have a cockeral chicken in my room. He hatched about five months ago, and is waiting for the weather to get good enough for mommy to make a coop. I have a huge storage tub, huge and a lid across it and a longer walkway and a lot of exercise space for him...he is happy in our bedroom. He copies me laughing and dances, and likes to hear opera music. He is a joy to own, although the talons are so sharp I have to wear protection to pick him up.

He is a frazzle mix with some other type of chicken breed. We got him from a friend who breeds fancy chickens. The fifth grade chickens didn't hatch due to a electric outage, so this was my first time raising one of these wonderful creatures. I have had him since he was small enough to hold in my hand, now he is huge.

Blessings, and your cockeral chicken reminds me of a hawk or some kind of raptor, simply beautiful!

Robyn

Photos Pets OtherJanuary 26, 2011
Dark Hair
Dyeing Hair Dark Naturally
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄