Dyeing Hair Dark Naturally

Category Coloring
There are a number of ways you can dye your dark hair naturally, without the use of harsh chemical dyes. This is a guide about dyeing hair dark naturally.

Okay, so my hair is darker on the bottom than the top. I want to be all brunette with a reddish tint that definitely pops out. I have really long hair and it's pretty much dead. I do my hair everyday because my natural hair is too thick. Anyways, I did the coffee hair dye and I was wondering if there was a way to make my hair really dark that it would actually be noticeable without dying my hair with chemicals because it is already dead enough. I'm not quite sure what would really make my hair dark and maybe with red? Any ideas?

By Grace F.

Answers

You can use the herbs rosemary and sage to darken hair. Make a strong tea, strain. either pour onto hair after washing, or put strained tea into a spray bottle and spray hair, lavender buds added to tea makes it smell real nice.

to bring out red in your hair-- rinse with vinegar water...

As I understand it the coffee has to be used daily for quite a while before the full effect kicks in. www.pioneerthinking.com/beauty/hair/hairdyes
Something else to consider is the less damaging temporary dyes.

Hair is dead, by the nature of hair. Only the root is alive. If you mean by "dead" that it is dry and brittle, there are wonderful products that you can use; however, I do not think you will find them in your kitchen. My advice to you would be to consult an actual hair stylist who will know something about damaged hair and hair coloring. Or, pop into the drug store and get some creme rinse and a box of hair coloring. Cosmetic companies spend years developing products to make us look great; just go with their stuff; much better than "home made".