Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses for Bread Heels

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Bread Heel

Besides feeding the birds, there are great ways to make use of the whole loaf of bread. This guide is about uses for bread heels.

Solutions: Uses for Bread Heels

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Uses for Bread Heels

We use the ends of bread (heels/left over pieces) for bread pudding. We put the 'leftovers' back into a bread bag and refreeze them. After thawing them for the second time they are already a little 'dry' and perfect for bread pudding.

By CarrieLyne

Tip: Turn Leftover Bread Into Croutons

To make bread crumbs, toast the heels of bread and chop in a blender. You can use any bread that has gotten dried out; just keep in refrigerator until you have enough bread to make something (make sure it isn't moldy).

I use it to put in my soup. Place in oven at 375 degrees F until it start to get dried out. Remove from the oven. Try them in your soup. It is delicious. This saves a lot of money, and you don't throw away food.

By mamacrafter from TN

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Bread Heels.

Question: Drying Bread for Bread Crumbs

I have some bread in my freezer (heels that we don't eat) and would like to make bread crumbs with them. What is the quickest easiest way to dry these out (without making toast) to make the crumbs? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Most Recent Answer

By Scott (Guest Post)12/21/2007

Place the slices of bread in a brown paper bag and roll the top closed loosely. Set on a heat register for a couple of days and walla! My family has done this for generations to make Stuffing for the big ole bird.